Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Clu...

  • StarStuff361@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
      ....this sounds wonderful !!!
      ...is there every anything closer to Pittsburgh?
      Robin H.

      << Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club
      Sunday September 5, 2004
      12:00 pm - 8:00 pm >>
    • e.gernat@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
        -------------- Original message from StarStuff361@...: --------------
        SURE THER'S THE FESTIVAL AT PITT UNIVERSITY THE FIRST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER. A VERY FINE ONE AT THAT EDIE

        > ....this sounds wonderful !!!
        > ...is there every anything closer to Pittsburgh?
        > Robin H.
        >
        > << Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club
        > Sunday September 5, 2004
        > 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm >>

      • steve love
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2004
          are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?

          e.gernat@... wrote:

          -------------- Original message from StarStuff361@...: --------------
          SURE THER'S THE FESTIVAL AT PITT UNIVERSITY THE FIRST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER. A VERY FINE ONE AT THAT EDIE

          > ....this sounds wonderful !!!
          > ...is there every anything closer to Pittsburgh?
          > Robin H.
          >
          > << Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club
          > Sunday September 5, 2004
          > 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm >>

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
            ....thank you very much Edi.........Robin H.

            << SURE THER'S THE FESTIVAL AT PITT UNIVERSITY THE FIRST SUNDAY IN NOVEMBER.
            A VERY FINE ONE AT THAT EDI >>
          • sandman6294
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, steve love <steve_love33@y...>
              wrote:
              > are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?
              >
              > e.gernat@a... wrote:

              How close is Melbourne,FL?

              "Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:12:21 -0500
              Subject: [Slovak-World] CZ-SK picnic

              The 3rd Annual CZ-SK picnic in Melbourne, Florida, took place Sunday,
              March 16. It was a foggy morning as we started setting up. It was
              fun watching a couple of the guys cook slanina over the grill before
              getting to work. This was a covered dish event with all sorts of
              Czech
              & Slovak food and klobasy on the grill.

              The DJ livened up the picnic with his humor and ability to get people
              to mix. Around 120 people attended. It was great hearing our kind
              of
              music playing in the county park. Dancing on grass went O.K. as
              well!

              You can see pictures of the picnic at:"

              http://www.wmatchet.com/picnic04/index.html (I updated the URL to
              this years picnic 2004 - RU)

              Julia Matchett"

              RU
            • steve love
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2004
                How close is Melbourne,FL? Melbourne is on the East Coast of Florida and Tampa is on the West...Thank you :)

                sandman6294 <sandman6294@...> wrote:--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, steve love <steve_love33@y...>
                wrote:
                > are there any Slovak festivals close to Tampa Florida ever?
                >
                > e.gernat@a... wrote:

                How close is Melbourne,FL?

                "Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:12:21 -0500

                The 3rd Annual CZ-SK picnic in Melbourne, Florida, took place Sunday,
                March 16. It was a foggy morning as we started setting up. It was
                fun watching a couple of the guys cook slanina over the grill before
                getting to work. This was a covered dish event with all sorts of
                Czech
                & Slovak food and klobasy on the grill.

                The DJ livened up the picnic with his humor and ability to get people
                to mix. Around 120 people attended. It was great hearing our kind
                of
                music playing in the county park. Dancing on grass went O.K. as
                well!

                You can see pictures of the picnic at:"

                http://www.wmatchet.com/picnic04/index.html (I updated the URL to
                this years picnic 2004 - RU)

                Julia Matchett"

                RU

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Matchett
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 13, 2004
                  Hi, I just got cable back on today so I could access the internet and
                  saw Steve Love's question re Slovak festivals close to Tampa, FL.
                  There's one that is the first weekend in March right near Tampa in Gulf
                  something. Can't remember the name of the town. I'll let you know.

                  Also, the same day, there's Slovak Day at Slovak Garden in Winter Park,
                  FL.

                  Then March 11 to 13, 2005, there will be a Czech-Slovak Heritage
                  Festival at the American Czech Slovak Club in North Miami, FL

                  Then the next Sunday after that festival will be the 5th Annual
                  Czecho-Slovak picnic in Melbourne, FL (God willing and the river don't
                  rise!).

                  Hurricane Frances made a mess of my town. Had to evacuate so we drove
                  to Atlanta. Happy to find our house intact upon return. Many still w/o
                  power. Julia M.