Re: FW: press release

  • slocrobear
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Ahoj gang!

      Did anyone else notice that Helene's Exhibit of Kroje was not EVEN
      mentioned?

      Does this say something about how the Embassy feels about our beloved
      KROJE?

      just wondering....

      marko

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@i...>
      wrote:
      > From the Embassy....
      >
      > On August 31, 2004 we officially bade farewell to a important
      member of our
      > embassy team, our Cultural and Science Counsellor, Igor Otcenas.
      Mr. Otcenas
      > will finish his four-year tour of duty in Washington and will open
      the next
      > chapter of his professional life as a regular employee of the
      Ministry of
      > Foreign Affairs in Bratislava.
      >
      > For the past four years, Mr. Otcenas has worked extensively with
      many
      > high-profile Slovak artists who have come to perform or exhibit at
      the new
      > Slovak chancery in Washington.
      >
      > Mr. Otcenas conceived the idea to establish a chancery gallery
      dedicated to
      > Koloman Sokol, the most prominent Slovak artist of the 20th
      century. The
      > gallery was opened in December 10, 2002 on the occasion of
      Mr.Sokol¹s 100th
      > birthday. Since then the gallery has provided space for many Slovak
      > contemporary artists.
      >
      > Thanks to his tireless efforts, the Embassy invited the following
      Slovak
      > artists to the United States in order to introduce them or their
      work to the
      > American public: Peter Dvorsky, Sergej Kopcak, Miroslav Cipar,
      Michaela
      > Trizuljakova, Tana Hojcova, Laco Teren, Elena Letnanova, Roman
      Feder and the
      > Funny Fellows, Yuri Dojc, prof. Eva Blahova, Marian Vojtko, Jan
      Kuric and
      > his rock band Vidiek, Stanislav Stepka and Radosinske naivne
      divadlo, Sisa
      > Sklovska, Juraj Poliak, Milan Sladek, Jozef Luptak, Peter Breiner,
      Jozef
      > "Danglar³ Gertli, Koloman Kertesz-Bagala, Ivan Siller, Andrea
      Dudasova, Robo
      > Kocan, Peter Ronai, Dusan Trancik, Miso Suchy, Andrej Ban, Martin
      Kollar,
      > Marek Kubos, Peter and Katka Kerekes, Stefan Sarogh, Juraj Kralik
      and
      > Vladislav Rostoka, Rudo Sikora, Alex Mlynarcik, Marian Lapsansky,
      Pavol
      > Melus, Peter Bielik, Robo Kirchhoff, Jan Salay, Jozef Malik.
      >
      > The Embassy also hosted Slovak-American artists and performers
      Craig Cahoon,
      > Eleanor Kotlarik-Wang, Monika Gabriny Rokus, Kitty Klaidman,
      Gabriel Ariel
      > Levicky,Rasto Brezny and Ernest Strednansky.
      >
      > One very special guest of the Embassy during Mr. OtcenasΠtenure
      was Mr.Bob
      > Brozman, the American guitar virtuoso and frequent visitor to
      Slovakia,
      > whose performance on a special steel guitar called "dobro³ greatly
      enriched
      > the June 2001 program in honor of the opening of the embassy.
      >
      > Mr. Otcenas also coordinated the performances of some prestigious
      choirs in
      > the United States such as the Bratislava Conservatory Chamber
      Choir, the
      > Bratislava Boy¹s Choir and The Children¹s Choir of Bratislava.
      >
      > Performances by the folk ensembles Raslavican, Sarisan and Kysucka
      Muzicka