Fw: Re: [Slovak-World] FW: press release

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
      A couple of years ago, Mr. Otcenas was at the University of Pittsburgh
      where he gave a talk about Slovak hockey. I introduced myself to him and
      pointed out that my ggggrandfather's third wife was Dorota Otcenas. I
      gave him a copy of the letter that I had received from the Slovak
      Archives in Bitc~a which showed the relationship. He was somewhat
      surprised to hear of the connection.

      Bill Brna

      Igor Otcenas has a neat name. Otcenas means "our father". Julia M.

      On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 04:07 PM, Gregory J Kopchak wrote:

      > From the Embassy....
      >
      > On August 31, 2004 we officially bade farewell to a important member
      > of our
      > embassy team, our Cultural and Science Counsellor, Igor Otcenas. Mr.
      > Otcenas
      > will finish his four-year tour of duty in Washington and will open the
      > next
      > chapter of his professional life as a regular employee of the Ministry
      > of
      > Foreign Affairs in Bratislava.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • J. Michutka
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        At 06:48 PM 8/31/04 -0400, you wrote:
        >A couple of years ago, Mr. Otcenas was at the University of Pittsburgh
        >where he gave a talk about Slovak hockey. I introduced myself to him and
        >pointed out that my ggggrandfather's third wife was Dorota Otcenas. I
        >gave him a copy of the letter that I had received from the Slovak
        >Archives in Bitc~a which showed the relationship. He was somewhat
        >surprised to hear of the connection.

        For those of us who are interested in genealogy, it is hard to imagine that
        someone wouldn't know all the descendants of their 3xgreat-grandfather's
        third wife. ;)

        Julie Michutka
        jmm@...