Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club, 9/5/2004, 12:00 pm

  • Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22 4:56 AM
      Reminder Reminder from the Calendar of Slovak-World
      Slovak Festival Sponsored by the Clveland Slovak Radio Club

      Sunday September 5, 2004
      12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
      This event does not repeat.
      The next reminder for this event will be sent in 11 days, 4 minutes.

      Event Location: St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall, 6750 State Rd., Parma, OH
      Notes:
      Music by Johnny Pastirik, Frank Moravcik & Dolina. Cultural Program begins at 3:00 PM featuring Lucina Slovak Folk Ensemble. Homemade Slovak Food & Pastries. Tickets are $5.00 in advance and $6.00 at the door, children 12 & under free. For tickets call 216-235-2257, 440-886-4828, 440-897-3320, 330-239-2256.

      Yahoo! Greetings
      Send a Yahoo! Greeting.
      Birthday Reminders
      Set up birthday reminders!

      Privacy Policy - Terms of Service
    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22 9:58 PM
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com >
        Event Location: St. Anthony of Padua Church Hall, 6750 State Rd.,
        Parma, OH

        Any big Slavic events in Cleveland the last half of September (other
        than the Browns games)?

        I recall a few months ago there was some discussion of ethnic
        restaurants in the area. Which Slavic (Slovak, Czech, Polish,
        Ukrainian, Mongolian) restaurants (East or West side) currently have
        a top rating? Is this a reliable information source: "Cleveland
        Ethnic Eats 2004: The Guide to Authentic Ethnic Restaurants and
        Markets in Northeast Ohio"?

        http://members.tripod.com/~lewyn/index.htmautofree#oc

        "Slavic Village can boast numerous Polish bakeries, meat markets, and
        restaurants, including Iwa's Restaurant (4015 E. 71, 441-7040), the
        Old World Smorgasbord deli and all-you-can eat Polish restaurant, one
        of my local favorites (7440 Broadway, 641-7177) T&T Sausage Market
        (5901 Fleet, 441-4022), Krusinski Finest Meat Markets (6300 Heisley,
        441-0100), Jaworski's Meat Market (5324 Fleet, 221-4575), Europa Deli
        (6308 Fleet, 271-5822) and Chambers Bakery (3696 E. 69, 271-6080).
        Slavic Village also boasts a fine Czech restaurant, John's Cafe on E.
        52 (641-3671).
        The commercial hub of Slavic Village (Broadway near Fleet
        Ave.)........... Although Slavic Village is not one of the city's
        more affluent areas, it is safer and less rundown than the St. Clair
        and Chinatown areas."

        I believe we used to call this area Duck Town when I was a kid:

        RU
      • Gregory J Kopchak
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22 10:35 PM
          We were in Parma last week and picked up a bottle of Chersi
          Monastic Kvass at a shop on State Road.

          Kvass is quite an experience, half way between Coke and Budweiser.

          It has an aftertaste of prune juice and rye that won't quit.

          If you are in Parma, the shop is right down the road from Saint
          Vladimir's Cathedral.

          Greg Kopchak
          It's All Relative

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Gregory J Kopchak
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22 10:45 PM
            I just found a great page that features the worst of
            Eastern European foods.

            http://www.ludickid.com/020604.htm

            The Chersi Bread Flavored Soda got a mention. I saw
            this but was afraid to try it. Even I have my limits.

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative
          • Caye Caswick
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 23 7:06 AM
              Did you play "Count the Parma Balls" -- if so, how
              many did you get up to? [For those who've never been
              to Parma -- when the "tub" part of your birdbath
              breaks -- you go out and buy a gazing ball to put on
              the pedastil -- and VOILA, instant Parma Ball.]

              Caye