RE: [Slovak-World] Food question

  • Gil K.
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2004
      Strawberry Hill reports that its Povitica is the traditional pastry-like bread of the Croatian people. They have been making Potivica for 20 years based on a recipe they obtained from a Croatian family.

      Strawberry Hill Povitica was recently featured on the Food Network and they demonstrated the hand made process still being used by the company. It looked so good and tempting we ordered a couple of loaves on the Internet.

      Gil K.

      Jim M <bdgranpa@...> wrote:
      this sounds like what I was used to as a youngster. My mother's cousin used
      to bake all day - making numerous loaves to give to friends and relatives.
      She didn't have a recipe either. Said she just knew how much of what.

      The thin rolled dough is what I know. Apparently the Hungarian type is
      different with a thicker layer of dough.

      The Strawberry Hill picture shows what looks like four rools in one.

      I can almost smell the dough and yeast now! Yummmm

      _____