Breaking News....explosion in Prague

  • agp@telerama.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      This news just in and being reported on BBC World TV as well as at the BBC
      website ....

      in brief ... An explosion has occurred in Prague's central shopping area at
      Na Prikopech street. 16 people have been injured...

      see:

      Tony P
    • sandman6294
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, agp@t... wrote:
        From Radio Prague:

        http://www.radio.cz/en/news#1

        "....The attack occurred at about 12:30 in the afternoon on Na
        Prikope Street, a busy promenade not far from Prague's famous
        Wenceslas Square. The area is popular with shoppers and tourists.
        Most of those injured were foreign tourists, including an American
        couple, a British couple, a German and Slovak. Some accounts said the
        grenade was thrown from the window of a passing car. It exploded
        under a white Jeep Cherokee that bore American license plates from
        the state of New Jersey, the CTK news agency reported....."

        The NJ plates caught my attention. The average tourist doesn't take
        his auto along.

        RU
      • Caye Caswick
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
          Wonder why the US hasn't reported this . . .
          interesting.

          Caye

          --- sandman6294 <sandman6294@...> wrote:

          > --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, agp@t... wrote:
          > From Radio Prague:
          >
          > http://www.radio.cz/en/news#1
          >
          > "....The attack occurred at about 12:30 in the
          > afternoon on Na
          > Prikope Street, a busy promenade not far from
          > Prague's famous
          > Wenceslas Square. The area is popular with shoppers
          > and tourists.
          > Most of those injured were foreign tourists,
          > including an American
          > couple, a British couple, a German and Slovak. Some
          > accounts said the
          > grenade was thrown from the window of a passing car.
          > It exploded
          > under a white Jeep Cherokee that bore American
          > license plates from
          > the state of New Jersey, the CTK news agency
          > reported....."
          >
          > The NJ plates caught my attention. The average
          > tourist doesn't take
          > his auto along.
          >
          > RU

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • agp
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
            On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Caye Caswick wrote:

            > Wonder why the US hasn't reported this . . .
            > interesting.
            >

            > Caye

            Not wanting to start a firestorm, but it is simply because US news sources
            (CNN, Fox, etc) can't see beyond the end of their noses. If it doesn't
            happen here or directly affect the USA, it didn't happen. Whereas the BBC
            reported this almost immediately, CNN and Fox didn't have a news story
            until early afternoon -- 5 hours later than the BBC.

            This is exactly why I have a Canadian satellite dish and watch the BBC
            and CBC Newsworld instead of CNN and Fox. I want real news, not the latest
            on JLo's bum size.

            end of sermon

            Tony P
          • Andy Matta
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
              I seen it on CNN and in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

              > Wonder why the US hasn't reported this . . .
              > interesting.
              >

              > Caye

              Not wanting to start a firestorm, but it is simply because US news sources
              (CNN, Fox, etc) can't see beyond the end of their noses. If it doesn't
              happen here or directly affect the USA, it didn't happen. Whereas the BBC
              reported this almost immediately, CNN and Fox didn't have a news story
              until early afternoon -- 5 hours later than the BBC.

              This is exactly why I have a Canadian satellite dish and watch the BBC
              and CBC Newsworld instead of CNN and Fox. I want real news, not the latest
              on JLo's bum size.

              end of sermon

              Tony P

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Gil K.
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
                I also saw the report on CNN and in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette as well as on MSNBC and FOX news channel.

                Nothing wrong with USA reporting, you just have to be watching at the right time!

                Gil K.

                Andy Matta <ajmatta@...> wrote:
                I seen it on CNN and in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

                > Wonder why the US hasn't reported this . . .
                > interesting.
                >

                > Caye

                Not wanting to start a firestorm, but it is simply because US news sources
                (CNN, Fox, etc) can't see beyond the end of their noses. If it doesn't
                happen here or directly affect the USA, it didn't happen. Whereas the BBC
                reported this almost immediately, CNN and Fox didn't have a news story
                until early afternoon -- 5 hours later than the BBC.

                This is exactly why I have a Canadian satellite dish and watch the BBC
                and CBC Newsworld instead of CNN and Fox. I want real news, not the latest
                on JLo's bum size.

                end of sermon

                Tony P

                Yahoo! Groups Links