Re: [Slovak-World] Brezina

  • Tom Flynn
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28 6:04 AM
      On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Caye Caswick wrote:

      > Wow, just found it -- check out the brown Area #2 --
      > right where it borders the pink Area #7 -- to the west
      > -- apparently it's ALWAYS been near a border of some
      > kind or another.
      >
      > Caye
      >

      > --- "Gerald J. Sabo" <gsabo@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Noreen,
      > > I checked the Podrobny Atlas Slovenska, and on p.
      > > 98 SW
      > > of Trebis~ov, and also SW of Kuzmice, is Brezina, N
      > > of
      > > Bys~ta and NW of Kazmir. This seemed to be only one
      > > of four
      > > towns listed as Brezina that was in the Zemplin
      > > area.
      > > Jerry Sabo.

      Good deal,

      My relatives are also in area 2, where it borders with the western
      "beige" area (Kassa/Kosice environs)....it is "Scezs Keresztur"
      (known now as Zemplinska Teplica). I think the big town "Galszecs"
      nearby is now Secovce. Like some other small towns, the current name
      is from their hot springs in the town. One of our relatives sent us
      a book (in Slovak, of course) on the town, we were delighted.

      ---------
      Tom Flynn
      I speak only for myself