Re: Exercise for seniors

  • Fred G Kovalyak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
      Just rcvd this msg on exercise's suggested for
      seniors, to build muscle strength in the arms and
      shoulders.

      It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on to
      some of u younger friends. The article suggested
      doing it three days a week.

      Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you
      have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb. potato
      sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from
      your sides, and hold them there as long as you can.
      Try to reach a full minute, then relax.

      Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position
      for just a bit longer.

      After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato
      sacks.

      Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and eventually try to get to
      where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand
      and hold your arms straight for more than a full
      minute.

      After you feel confident at that level, put a potato
      in each of the sacks, but be careful.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
        Fred,
        this is a WONDERFUL exercise. i worked my way up to the 50 pound sack in one
        day!!!
        putting that potato inside the sack was what did me in. :O)
        Noreen