Re: [Slovak-World] Raspberry time

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
      At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hi Claudia.
      >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital of the
      >world.
      >noreen

      But not undisputed:

      Ponchatoula
      Louisiana
      Strawberry Capital of the World
      http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html

      "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
      http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265

      Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
      http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051

      Strawberry Capital of the World:
      Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital of the
      World".
      http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp

      The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
      http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/

      etc., etc.
    • area9103
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
        I took a walk with a cousin in Sulin last November and would swear we
        ate some rasberries still on the bushes along the way. I was able to
        show her we eat rosehips (rich in vitamin C) up here. Didn't make a
        note of the berry or the Slovak name.

        Ron

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "John M," <sandman6294@y...>
        wrote:
        > At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
        > >Hi Claudia.
        > >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital
        of the
        > >world.
        > >noreen
        >
        > But not undisputed:
        >
        > Ponchatoula
        > Louisiana
        > Strawberry Capital of the World
        > http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html
        >
        > "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
        > http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265
        >
        > Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
        > http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051
        >
        > Strawberry Capital of the World:
        > Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital
        of the
        > World".
        > http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp
        >
        > The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
        > http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/
        >
        > etc., etc.
      • Matchett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
          The name is malina.

          > I took a walk with a cousin in Sulin last November and would swear we
          > ate some rasberries still on the bushes along the way. I was able to
          > show her we eat rosehips (rich in vitamin C) up here. Didn't make a
          > note of the berry or the Slovak name.
          >
          > Ron

        • Gregory J Kopchak
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
            Rose hips are a popular tea in Eastern Europe.

            In Polish, the Rose Hips are called Owoc Rozy

            In German, it is Hagebuttentee

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative

            wrote:
            > At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            > >Hi Claudia.
            > >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital
            of the
            > >world.
            > >noreen
            >
            > But not undisputed:
            >
            > Ponchatoula
            > Louisiana
            > Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html
            >
            > "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
            > http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265
            >
            > Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051
            >
            > Strawberry Capital of the World:
            > Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital
            of the
            > World".
            > http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp
            >
            > The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/
            >
            > etc., etc.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • rcpolen@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
              Hi
              Raspberries are one of my favorites.....I have never eaten rose hips,
              although I have heard of them in many vitamins.

              I would like to know if you or anyone would be able to help in finding a
              special saying or design to be embroidered on the cloth I use at Easter over my
              paska basket?

              Thank you

              Ramona

              VACATION 2004
              http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=2070519&gid=4246657&

            • sandman6294
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, rcpolen@a... wrote:
                > Hi
                > Raspberries are one of my favorites.....I have never eaten rose
                hips,
                > although I have heard of them in many vitamins.
                >
                > I would like to know if you or anyone would be able to help in
                finding a
                > special saying or design to be embroidered on the cloth I use at
                Easter over my
                > paska basket?
                >
                > Thank you
                >
                > Ramona

                I'm accustomed to associating paska with Greek Catholic or Russian
                Orthodox. If that is the case, they usually use the traditional
                greeting "Christos voskrese", which translates to "Christ has risen".
                You can see examples written in Cyrillic at:

                http://tinyurl.com/yphaq

                http://www.ukrservice.com/market_eng1_big11.htm

                http://www.ukrservice.com/pasha_cover_eng1.htm
              • rcpolen@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                  Thank you so much for all your information....I will have a lot of
                  embroidery to do before next Easter.