Raspberry time

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
      Our raspberries are coming in big time here in Michigan. The German born lady next door said her grandmother used to send her and her brother out into the woods with cloth bags to pick them. Are they common all over Europe, even in Slovakia???

      Claudia

    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
        Hi Claudia.
        do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital of the
        world.
        noreen

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
          At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          >Hi Claudia.
          >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital of the
          >world.
          >noreen

          But not undisputed:

          Ponchatoula
          Louisiana
          Strawberry Capital of the World
          http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html

          "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
          http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265

          Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
          http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051

          Strawberry Capital of the World:
          Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital of the
          World".
          http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp

          The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
          http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/

          etc., etc.
        • area9103
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
            I took a walk with a cousin in Sulin last November and would swear we
            ate some rasberries still on the bushes along the way. I was able to
            show her we eat rosehips (rich in vitamin C) up here. Didn't make a
            note of the berry or the Slovak name.

            Ron

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "John M," <sandman6294@y...>
            wrote:
            > At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            > >Hi Claudia.
            > >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital
            of the
            > >world.
            > >noreen
            >
            > But not undisputed:
            >
            > Ponchatoula
            > Louisiana
            > Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html
            >
            > "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
            > http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265
            >
            > Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051
            >
            > Strawberry Capital of the World:
            > Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital
            of the
            > World".
            > http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp
            >
            > The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
            > http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/
            >
            > etc., etc.
          • Matchett
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
              The name is malina.

              > I took a walk with a cousin in Sulin last November and would swear we
              > ate some rasberries still on the bushes along the way. I was able to
              > show her we eat rosehips (rich in vitamin C) up here. Didn't make a
              > note of the berry or the Slovak name.
              >
              > Ron

            • Gregory J Kopchak
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                Rose hips are a popular tea in Eastern Europe.

                In Polish, the Rose Hips are called Owoc Rozy

                In German, it is Hagebuttentee

                Greg Kopchak
                It's All Relative

                wrote:
                > At 06:20 AM 7/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                > >Hi Claudia.
                > >do not know about raspberry but Presov is the strawberry capital
                of the
                > >world.
                > >noreen
                >
                > But not undisputed:
                >
                > Ponchatoula
                > Louisiana
                > Strawberry Capital of the World
                > http://www.ponchatoula.com/chamber/strawsecond/main.html
                >
                > "Strawberry Capital of the World" - Chadbourn, NC
                > http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=58265
                >
                > Stilwell, OK. Strawberry Capital of the World
                > http://www.lasr.net/pages/city.php?City_ID=OK0301051
                >
                > Strawberry Capital of the World:
                > Forty minutes from Guanajuato is Irapuato "The Strawberry Capital
                of the
                > World".
                > http://www.aboutguanajuato.com/guanajuato/en/shopping1.asp
                >
                > The Winter Strawberry Capital of the World
                > http://www.ci.plant-city.fl.us/
                >
                > etc., etc.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • rcpolen@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                  Hi
                  Raspberries are one of my favorites.....I have never eaten rose hips,
                  although I have heard of them in many vitamins.

                  I would like to know if you or anyone would be able to help in finding a
                  special saying or design to be embroidered on the cloth I use at Easter over my
                  paska basket?

                  Thank you

                  Ramona

                  VACATION 2004
                  http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=2070519&gid=4246657&

                • sandman6294
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, rcpolen@a... wrote:
                    > Hi
                    > Raspberries are one of my favorites.....I have never eaten rose
                    hips,
                    > although I have heard of them in many vitamins.
                    >
                    > I would like to know if you or anyone would be able to help in
                    finding a
                    > special saying or design to be embroidered on the cloth I use at
                    Easter over my
                    > paska basket?
                    >
                    > Thank you
                    >
                    > Ramona

                    I'm accustomed to associating paska with Greek Catholic or Russian
                    Orthodox. If that is the case, they usually use the traditional
                    greeting "Christos voskrese", which translates to "Christ has risen".
                    You can see examples written in Cyrillic at:

                    http://tinyurl.com/yphaq

                    http://www.ukrservice.com/market_eng1_big11.htm

                    http://www.ukrservice.com/pasha_cover_eng1.htm
                  • rcpolen@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                      Thank you so much for all your information....I will have a lot of
                      embroidery to do before next Easter.