RE: [Slovak-World] Re: OT- Making fun of President's Name

  • fduttry@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
      flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
      gzestoghowy
      I thank any one that can help.
      God Bless Pauline
    • Scott T. Mikusko
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
        On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 fduttry@... wrote:

        > Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
        > flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
        > gzestoghowy
        > I thank any one that can help.
        > God Bless Pauline

        pamiatka means "memory" or "momento", or even "relic". I'm not sure of
        the other word, it looks like either an archaic form of Slovak or perhaps
        Polish. "Gzestoghowa" reminds me of Czestohowa, a town in Poland.

        "Momento from <something/where>"

        I'm clutching at straws, here.

        -S