Re: [Slovak-World] OT - non Slovak, but for seniors

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2004
      In a message dated 6/30/04 10:20:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      theoldpro@... writes:

      > Noreen, from what parts of Slovakia do your ancestors hail? Have
      > you visited Slovakia yet? If you have, I'd be interested in your
      > experience while visiting there.

      Dear Old Pro,
      Thank you for the good words and also for your posts. I meant to tell you
      that I enjoyed your article in the Vladimir Linder's Slovak Newsletter a few
      months ago.
      All four of my grandparents are from eastern Slovakia and southern Poland.
      all within 50 miles radius of each other. Raslavice, Liptovska Teplicka,
      Lubicke Kupele and Krasne Potockie.
      It will be interesting to see how the European Union affects the newest
      members. My feeling right now is that they will lose a lot of freedom in
      cultural areas. The beauty of Poland and Slovakia is in its villages and the unique
      way of doing things. The traditions. The religiousness ( is this a word???)
      of the people. I believe that the small family farms will suffer the most.
      all things are a trade off, i suppose. the opportunities for young people
      are multiplied by membership in the Union.
      What do you think of the Union?
      Noreen