RE: [Slovak-World] Re: OT- Making fun of President's Name

  • bdgranpa
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
      AMEN !!!!!!!!!

      _____

      From: krejc@... [mailto:krejc@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 7:04 PM
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: OT- Making fun of President's Name

      In a message dated 6/30/04 5:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      yawho2001@... writes:

      > You can relinquish ownership of the
      > list to whomever you choose

      Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to suggest that

      he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If this is
      what
      he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago without 'permission' of list

      members.
      Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should be united

      against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
      Noreen

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cg6apf/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088723094/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
      anion.yahoo.com> click here

      :HM/A=2128215/rand=689301653>

      _____

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • bdgranpa
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
        one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue to
        ignore repeated requests to cool it.

        You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this junk.

        _____

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 6/30/04 5:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > yawho2001@y... writes:
          >
          > > You can relinquish ownership of the
          > > list to whomever you choose
          >
          > Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to
          suggest that
          > he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If
          this is what
          > he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago
          without 'permission' of list
          > members.

          No one is asking Greg to seek the permission of anyone. He has the
          option to give up ownership, give up the responsibility for
          monitoring the list, or continue it as it is and scold those who will
          thumb their nose at his request to remove domestic politics from this
          list. But until he enforces his request it is ridiculous, if not
          absurd, for anyone to believe that some of the members on this list
          will voluntarily refrain from initiating political propaganda. I
          don't initiate but do react or respond to political posts and will
          continue to do so as long as no action is taken against posting
          domestic political material.

          > Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should
          be united against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
          > Noreen

          I believe most of the country is united on that point but many are
          not willing to accept a culture of fear that is politically
          motivated. There are many ways to combat terrorism and no one
          political party has "the only answer" to that question. I feel this
          administration has the wrong answer too frequently.

          Janko
        • yawho2001
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
            At 04:14 PM 6/30/2004 -0700, Jack S wrote:

            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
            wrote:
            > Ya right Jerko,

            "Please try to act like an adult on this list.

            Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

            I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
            like 5 year olds on line.

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative"

            > Do you have anyone in mind for running this list, say perhaps
            you?????? That would be the day!!

            I didn't apply. You seem to think you have that job already.

            >Talk about a real Nazi run list if you were in charge. The results
            of your own poll, to which we don't have access to the actual
            results, but according to you numbers, less than twenty people out of
            close to three hundred members, were opposed to political posts.<

            You might wipe the flecks of foam from the corners of your mouth.
            They're a bit unsightly. If you had the intelligence to determine
            how the polls on Yahoogroups are conducted and knew the simplest
            things about accessing the various features on this list you would
            see that your reply is totally ludicrous. There are currently 166
            members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
            when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
            read it if they feel like. As a result, there are far fewer
            interested or active members then the membership shown at the site
            and; therefore, the results were more meaningful than I stated in my
            post.

            > I would say that is a minority! Therefore, shut up!!!!

            I would say you're on the edge of reality.

            Janko
          • yawho2001
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
              > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
              > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
              >
              > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
              junk.

              Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

              Janko
            • capt jack
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                Janko said, "There are currently 166
                members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                read it if they feel like. "

                Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts, thank you for supporting my comment.

                CJ

              • capt jack
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                  Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs original post said,

                  Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                  pre-school level?

                  All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                  should be ashamed of what they are doing.

                  Your are adults, not children.

                  Greg Kopchak
                  It's All Relative

                  I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists things to suit him, talk about childish!

                  CJ

                • yawho2001
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                    wrote:
                    > Janko said, "There are currently 166
                    > members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                    > when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                    > read it if they feel like. "
                    >
                    > Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts,
                    thank you for supporting my comment.

                    > CJ

                    And again you reveal your lack of ability to inerpret anything in a
                    rational manner. Three were in favor and eighteen were opposed to
                    posting domestic political posts. In your book three is greater than
                    eighteen.

                    Janko
                  • yawho2001
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                      wrote:
                      > Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs
                      original post said,

                      > Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                      > pre-school level?
                      >
                      > All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                      > should be ashamed of what they are doing.
                      >
                      > Your are adults, not children.
                      >
                      > Greg Kopchak
                      > It's All Relative
                      >
                      > I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists
                      things to suit him, talk about childish!

                      > CJ

                      Once again Jack S goes off half cocked. Read Greg's post 8878.

                      "At 02:51 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                      Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                      Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                      I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                      like 5 year olds on line.

                      Greg Kopchak
                      It's All Relative"

                      Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

                      Janko
                    • bdgranpa
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                        you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                        _____

                        > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
                        > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
                        >
                        > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
                        junk.

                        Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

                        Janko

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sbn3qh/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
                        oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088730273/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
                        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                        :HM/A=2164339/rand=699442889>

                        _____

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                          > you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                          Thanks. I'm glad you recognize my title. If you had the ability to
                          make a search of the archives you would find I don't initiate
                          political posts. I see you're trying to vie with your buddy Jack S
                          to see who can outdo the other in going off half cocked.

                          Janko
                        • fduttry@webtv.net
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 1 8:16 AM
                            Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                            flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                            gzestoghowy
                            I thank any one that can help.
                            God Bless Pauline
                          • Scott T. Mikusko
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 1 8:37 AM
                              On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 fduttry@... wrote:

                              > Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                              > flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                              > gzestoghowy
                              > I thank any one that can help.
                              > God Bless Pauline

                              pamiatka means "memory" or "momento", or even "relic". I'm not sure of
                              the other word, it looks like either an archaic form of Slovak or perhaps
                              Polish. "Gzestoghowa" reminds me of Czestohowa, a town in Poland.

                              "Momento from <something/where>"

                              I'm clutching at straws, here.

                              -S