Re: [Slovak-World] Re: OT- Making fun of President's Name

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 30 4:14 PM
      Ya right Jerko,

      Do you have anyone in mind for running this list, say perhaps you?????? That would be the day!! Talk about a real Nazi run list if you were in charge. The results of your own poll, to which we don't have access to the actual results, but according to you numbers, less than twenty people out of close to three hundred members, were opposed to political posts. I would say that is a minority! Therefore, shut up!!!!

      CJ

    • bdgranpa
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 30 4:36 PM
        AMEN !!!!!!!!!

        _____

        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 30 4:38 PM
          one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue to
          ignore repeated requests to cool it.

          You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this junk.

          _____

          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 30 5:06 PM
            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 6/30/04 5:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > yawho2001@y... writes:
            >
            > > You can relinquish ownership of the
            > > list to whomever you choose
            >
            > Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to
            suggest that
            > he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If
            this is what
            > he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago
            without 'permission' of list
            > members.

            No one is asking Greg to seek the permission of anyone. He has the
            option to give up ownership, give up the responsibility for
            monitoring the list, or continue it as it is and scold those who will
            thumb their nose at his request to remove domestic politics from this
            list. But until he enforces his request it is ridiculous, if not
            absurd, for anyone to believe that some of the members on this list
            will voluntarily refrain from initiating political propaganda. I
            don't initiate but do react or respond to political posts and will
            continue to do so as long as no action is taken against posting
            domestic political material.

            > Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should
            be united against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
            > Noreen

            I believe most of the country is united on that point but many are
            not willing to accept a culture of fear that is politically
            motivated. There are many ways to combat terrorism and no one
            political party has "the only answer" to that question. I feel this
            administration has the wrong answer too frequently.

            Janko
          • yawho2001
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 30 5:38 PM
              At 04:14 PM 6/30/2004 -0700, Jack S wrote:

              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
              wrote:
              > Ya right Jerko,

              "Please try to act like an adult on this list.

              Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

              I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
              like 5 year olds on line.

              Greg Kopchak
              It's All Relative"

              > Do you have anyone in mind for running this list, say perhaps
              you?????? That would be the day!!

              I didn't apply. You seem to think you have that job already.

              >Talk about a real Nazi run list if you were in charge. The results
              of your own poll, to which we don't have access to the actual
              results, but according to you numbers, less than twenty people out of
              close to three hundred members, were opposed to political posts.<

              You might wipe the flecks of foam from the corners of your mouth.
              They're a bit unsightly. If you had the intelligence to determine
              how the polls on Yahoogroups are conducted and knew the simplest
              things about accessing the various features on this list you would
              see that your reply is totally ludicrous. There are currently 166
              members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
              when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
              read it if they feel like. As a result, there are far fewer
              interested or active members then the membership shown at the site
              and; therefore, the results were more meaningful than I stated in my
              post.

              > I would say that is a minority! Therefore, shut up!!!!

              I would say you're on the edge of reality.

              Janko
            • yawho2001
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 30 6:03 PM
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
                > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
                >
                > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
                junk.

                Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

                Janko
              • capt jack
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 30 6:05 PM
                  Janko said, "There are currently 166
                  members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                  when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                  read it if they feel like. "

                  Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts, thank you for supporting my comment.

                  CJ

                • capt jack
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 30 6:11 PM
                    Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs original post said,

                    Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                    pre-school level?

                    All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                    should be ashamed of what they are doing.

                    Your are adults, not children.

                    Greg Kopchak
                    It's All Relative

                    I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists things to suit him, talk about childish!

                    CJ

                  • yawho2001
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 30 6:40 PM
                      wrote:
                      > Janko said, "There are currently 166
                      > members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                      > when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                      > read it if they feel like. "
                      >
                      > Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts,
                      thank you for supporting my comment.

                      > CJ

                      And again you reveal your lack of ability to inerpret anything in a
                      rational manner. Three were in favor and eighteen were opposed to
                      posting domestic political posts. In your book three is greater than
                      eighteen.

                      Janko
                    • yawho2001
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 30 6:45 PM
                        wrote:
                        > Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs
                        original post said,

                        > Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                        > pre-school level?
                        >
                        > All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                        > should be ashamed of what they are doing.
                        >
                        > Your are adults, not children.
                        >
                        > Greg Kopchak
                        > It's All Relative
                        >
                        > I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists
                        things to suit him, talk about childish!

                        > CJ

                        Once again Jack S goes off half cocked. Read Greg's post 8878.

                        "At 02:51 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                        Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                        Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                        I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                        like 5 year olds on line.

                        Greg Kopchak
                        It's All Relative"

                        Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

                        Janko
                      • bdgranpa
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 30 7:49 PM
                          you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                          _____

                          > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
                          > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
                          >
                          > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
                          junk.

                          Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

                          Janko

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sbn3qh/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
                          oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088730273/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
                          netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                          :HM/A=2164339/rand=699442889>

                          _____

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 30 8:29 PM
                            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                            > you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                            Thanks. I'm glad you recognize my title. If you had the ability to
                            make a search of the archives you would find I don't initiate
                            political posts. I see you're trying to vie with your buddy Jack S
                            to see who can outdo the other in going off half cocked.

                            Janko
                          • fduttry@webtv.net
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                              Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                              flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                              gzestoghowy
                              I thank any one that can help.
                              God Bless Pauline
                            • Scott T. Mikusko
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                                On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 fduttry@... wrote:

                                > Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                                > flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                                > gzestoghowy
                                > I thank any one that can help.
                                > God Bless Pauline

                                pamiatka means "memory" or "momento", or even "relic". I'm not sure of
                                the other word, it looks like either an archaic form of Slovak or perhaps
                                Polish. "Gzestoghowa" reminds me of Czestohowa, a town in Poland.

                                "Momento from <something/where>"

                                I'm clutching at straws, here.

                                -S