Fw: "OH, did we say that?"

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30 3:14 PM
      > This compilation is appropriately entitled:
      >

      > "OH, did we say that?"

    • capt jack
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 30 4:07 PM
        Well said Bill.

        CJ

      • yawho2001
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 30 7:45 PM
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, William F Brna <wfbrna@j...>
          wrote:

          > > This compilation is appropriately entitled:
          > >

          > > "OH, did we say that?"

          I shouldn't waste my time answering a propaganda pasty in which I'm
          certain there are several quotes taken out of context as is normal.
          People from both parties are being paid well to spin quotes, half
          truths and truths into propaganda. They probably did make the
          statements with the qualifications I mentioned.

          But they did not:

          1. go to war without traditional NATO allies, from whom this
          administration is now seeking boots and bucks, when they initially
          arrogantly told them "my way or the highway",

          2. go without the sanction of most of the free nations of this world,

          3. go without a viable postwar plan for dealing with the material and
          political problems that the war was bound to create,

          4. change the nation's foreign policy to include unilateral wars of
          choice and preemptive wars,

          5. lie to the people about a) positive proof of mobile WMD chemical
          units, b) Iraq's attempts to purchase African uranium (out the CIA
          wife of the former diplomat that exposed that lie), c) state that the
          IAEA said that Saddam was six months away from a nuclear weapon when
          the IAEA stated that they made no such statement, d) tell the people
          the Iraqis would pay for the war with their oil revenues, etc., etc.

          6. base their political strategy on creating fear in US citizens,
          and ...........

          Janko
        • bdgranpa
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 30 7:54 PM
            you would bring Billy boy back then? yech!

            _____

            > > This compilation is appropriately entitled:
            > >

            > > "OH, did we say that?"

            I shouldn't waste my time answering a propaganda pasty in which I'm
            certain there are several quotes taken out of context as is normal.
            People from both parties are being paid well to spin quotes, half
            truths and truths into propaganda. They probably did make the
            statements with the qualifications I mentioned.

            But they did not:

            1. go to war without traditional NATO allies, from whom this
            administration is now seeking boots and bucks, when they initially
            arrogantly told them "my way or the highway",

            2. go without the sanction of most of the free nations of this world,

            3. go without a viable postwar plan for dealing with the material and
            political problems that the war was bound to create,

            4. change the nation's foreign policy to include unilateral wars of
            choice and preemptive wars,

            5. lie to the people about a) positive proof of mobile WMD chemical
            units, b) Iraq's attempts to purchase African uranium (out the CIA
            wife of the former diplomat that exposed that lie), c) state that the
            IAEA said that Saddam was six months away from a nuclear weapon when
            the IAEA stated that they made no such statement, d) tell the people
            the Iraqis would pay for the war with their oil revenues, etc., etc.

            6. base their political strategy on creating fear in US citizens,
            and ...........

            Janko

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lg57e0/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088736339/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
            anion.yahoo.com> click here

            :HM/A=2128215/rand=129773637>

            _____

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Nick Holcz
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 30 7:55 PM
              At 10:45 AM 1/07/2004, you wrote:
              >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, William F Brna <wfbrna@j...>
              >wrote:
              > >

              > > > This compilation is appropriately entitled:
              > > >

              > > > "OH, did we say that?"
              >
              >I shouldn't waste my time answering a propaganda pasty in which I'm
              >certain there are several quotes taken out of context as is normal.
              >People from both parties are being paid well to spin quotes, half
              >truths and truths into propaganda. They probably did make the
              >statements with the qualifications I mentioned.
              >
              >But they did not:

              I do not know who said what but hindsight has shown No WMD, no link to 9/11
              ( according to media reports on an investigation carried out in the U.S.A.)
              So what was the real reason for invading was it lousy intelligence (
              charitable view) or was there another motive . Yes Iraq was run by a nasty
              dictator who was probably going to destabilize the region and cause
              problems with oil supplies. Was that the motive or something else?

              Nick
            • raybravo2000
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 30 8:18 PM
                We had no choice but to invade Iraq, and every person of Slovak
                ancestry should be concerned. I am only glad that this story can
                be told on in this forum:

                http://www.grassyknoll.homestead.com/1032UFOInIraq.html

                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@i...>
                wrote:
                > At 10:45 AM 1/07/2004, you wrote:
                > >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, William F Brna
                <wfbrna@j...>

                > >I shouldn't waste my time answering a propaganda pasty in
                which I'm
                > >certain there are several quotes taken out of context as is
                normal.
                > >People from both parties are being paid well to spin quotes,
                half
                > >truths and truths into propaganda. They probably did make
                the
                > >statements with the qualifications I mentioned.
                > >
                > >But they did not:
                >
                > I do not know who said what but hindsight has shown No
                WMD, no link to 9/11
                > ( according to media reports on an investigation carried out in
                the U.S.A.)
                > So what was the real reason for invading was it lousy
                intelligence (
                > charitable view) or was there another motive . Yes Iraq was run
                by a nasty
                > dictator who was probably going to destabilize the region and
                cause
                > problems with oil supplies. Was that the motive or something
                else?

                > Nick
              • yawho2001
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 30 8:45 PM
                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                  > you would bring Billy boy back then? yech!

                  Why not?

                  From the LA Times:

                  ".....Clinton modernized the Democratic Party's agenda and restored
                  its attenuated ability to compete for the presidency. His domestic
                  program helped to produce the most widely shared economic boom since
                  the 1960s.

                  And though Clinton's scorecard on foreign affairs is more mixed, he
                  moved the Democrats away from their post- Vietnam aversion to force,
                  and sharpened the government's focus on terrorism — even if history
                  will likely conclude that he, like Congress, the media and President
                  George W. Bush before Sept. 11, 2001, didn't meet the full measure of
                  the threat.

                  To conservative critics, the Clinton era was "a time of domesticity,
                  triviality and self-absorption," as Krauthammer wrote last week.
                  Maybe it looked that way from the penthouse. But the Clinton years
                  produced extraordinary gains in the communities that needed help most.

                  The benefits of the Clinton boom were dispersed far more broadly than
                  the gains under Ronald Reagan, in part because Clinton systematically
                  implemented policies that encouraged and rewarded work for those on
                  the economy's bottom rungs.

                  Consider the scorecard. During Clinton's two terms, the median income
                  for American families increased by a solid 15% after inflation,
                  according to Census Bureau figures. But it rose even faster for
                  African Americans (33%) and Hispanics (24%) than it did for whites
                  (14%).

                  The growth was so widely shared that from 1993 through 1999, families
                  in the bottom fifth of the income distribution saw their incomes
                  increase faster than those in the top 5%. By comparison, under
                  President Reagan in the 1980s, those in the top 5% increased their
                  income more than five times faster than the bottom 20%.

                  Likewise, the poverty rate under Clinton fell 25%, the biggest eight-
                  year decline since the 1960s. It fell even faster for particularly
                  vulnerable groups like blacks, Hispanics and children. Again the
                  contrast with Reagan is striking. During Reagan's two terms, the
                  number of Americans in poverty fell by just 77,000. During Clinton's
                  two terms, the number of Americans in poverty plummeted by 8.1
                  million. The number of children in poverty fell by 50,000 under
                  Reagan. Under Clinton the number was 4.1 million. That's a ratio of
                  80 to 1.

                  Leave aside the question of how much Clinton's drive to eliminate the
                  federal deficit contributed to the economic boom that powered most of
                  these gains. He also developed a comprehensive set of initiatives to
                  spread the benefits of prosperity to more families by demanding and
                  honoring work.

                  Welfare reform pushed more low-income families into the job market,
                  where they could benefit from the rising tide. Then Clinton made work
                  more rewarding with increases in the minimum wage and the earned-
                  income tax credit, the creation of the Children's Health Insurance
                  Program (to cover the children of working-poor families), and
                  expanded funding for day care. He eliminated the deficit while
                  cutting taxes for average families.

                  And while delivering all these benefits for traditionally Democratic
                  constituencies, Clinton extended the party's appeal up the income
                  ladder. By marrying government activism to fiscal discipline and
                  demanding personal responsibility in social policy, he triggered a
                  realignment of socially moderate Northern suburbs toward the
                  Democrats, a change that remains central to his party's hopes in 2004.

                  Clinton is more vulnerable to second-guessing on foreign policy.
                  Reports by the staff of the independent commission investigating the
                  Sept. 11 attacks suggest the panel is likely to conclude that Clinton
                  (as well as Bush in early 2001) didn't do enough to meet the emerging
                  threat of Al Qaeda.

                  In particular, the reports show that Clinton blinked at some of the
                  riskiest military options during the late 1990s, such as arming the
                  anti-Taliban Northern Alliance in Afghanistan.

                  But the commission reports and the memoir of Richard A. Clarke,
                  former White House counterterrorism chief for Clinton and Bush, also
                  make it clear that on almost every front, from diplomacy to homeland
                  security, Washington was doing much more to combat terrorism when
                  Clinton left than it was when he arrived. And at the same time,
                  Clinton was exhaustively pursuing an Israeli-Palestinian peace
                  agreement that might have reshaped America's image in the Arab world.

                  Those, like Krauthammer, who insist Clinton "ignored" the terrorism
                  threat must themselves ignore all this evidence — and Clinton's
                  report, in his memoir, that he warned Bush after the 2000 election
                  that Al Qaeda would be his top national security challenge.

                  Clinton's weaknesses often trumped his strengths. His lack of
                  political discipline produced a leftward drift during his first two
                  years that helped the GOP seize Congress in 1994. His lack of
                  personal discipline in the Monica S. Lewinsky scandal contributed to
                  Al Gore's defeat in 2000. But he restored the Democrats' ability to
                  compete for the presidency, advanced domestic policies that tangibly
                  improved life for millions of Americans, and, after initial
                  uncertainty, pursued a foreign policy that affirmed the value of
                  American leadership and international cooperation."

                  Janko
                • capt jack
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                    Yep,

                    Im sure of it now, after reading jankos lasted post about Clinton, Im sure Janko is a Mushroom. He has been kept in the dark and fed Bullsh*t

                    CJ

                  • capt jack
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                      To answer your question, yes we did say that.

                      CJ

                    • yawho2001
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > Yep,
                        >
                        > Im sure of it now, after reading jankos lasted post about
                        Clinton, Im sure Janko is a Mushroom. He has been kept in the dark
                        and fed Bullsh*t

                        > CJ

                        "Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                        Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                        I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                        like 5 year olds on line.

                        Greg Kopchak
                        It's All Relative"
                      • bdgranpa
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                          why can't you two cool it. If you want to insult each other do it by
                          PRIVATE email and don't use this forum as a forum. Many of us are not
                          interested in this kindergarten behavior from either of you. All it takes
                          is ONE PARTY to stop. Are either of you MAN ENOUGH OR MATURE enough to do
                          that??????

                          _____

                          > Im sure of it now, after reading jankos lasted post about
                          Clinton, Im sure Janko is a Mushroom. He has been kept in the dark
                          and fed Bullsh*t

                          > CJ

                          "Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                          Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                          I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                          like 5 year olds on line.

                          Greg Kopchak
                          It's All Relative"

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129b6d6t9/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                          oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088885422/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                          anion.yahoo.com> click here

                          :HM/A=2128215/rand=917928413>

                          _____

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                        • Gregory J Kopchak
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                            We have taken action today to cut the political postings by 90%

                            Greg Kopchak
                          • bdgranpa
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                              thank you Greg

                              _____

                              We have taken action today to cut the political postings by 90%

                              Greg Kopchak

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r47n87/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                              oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088895407/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                              anion.yahoo.com> click here

                              :HM/A=2128215/rand=677073401>

                              _____

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                                If I can make another suggestion. Greg you have the ability to
                                "Delete" messages left in the past. I would suggest a cleaning
                                of the site.
                                Colin

                                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak"

                              • Taoz@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 3, 2004
                                  Greg,
                                  I don't know how you can cut down this political crap but thank God if you
                                  can and have done so.
                                  Pavel

                                • JUNE ALLEN
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 3, 2004
                                    Thank you, Greg. I tried blocking, but the stuff still comes through! You
                                    have a business to run; I'm sorry this issue has had to take up so much of
                                    your time.
                                    June

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 6, 2004
                                      Thank you!

                                      Helen

                                      >>> greg@... 7/2/2004 6:55:50 PM >>>
                                      We have taken action today to cut the political postings by 90%

                                      Greg Kopchak

                                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                                      To visit your group on the web, go to: