OT- Making fun of President's Name

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
      There is someone on this list who continually
      makes fun of President Bush's name...at least for
      the past three months.

      Please stop it already! That shows a profound disrespect for the
      highest office in our land. Shame on you, Jerkoff!

      theoldpro
    • yawho2001
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
        wrote:
        >There is someone on this list who continually
        makes fun of President Bush's name...at least for
        the past three months.

        Please stop it already! That shows a profound disrespect for the
        highest office in our land.<

        My intentions are to show profound disrespect for the Great Divider
        and his administration not the office.

        >Shame on you, Jerkoff!
        theoldpro<

        Shame on you oldpro. Jerk-off is slang for masturbate. Does Dorothy
        know about your predeliction?

        Janko
      • capt jack
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
          I see Jerko is still true to his form, rude, crude, and abusive. And a few people think I am out of line for posting some political news???? Perhaps their attention should be redirected at Jerko so they can see what really is offensive on this list, janko.

          CJ

        • Gregory J Kopchak
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
            I am amazed that the Presidential topic is still alive.

            Please keep the Presidential Campaign OFF the list.

            Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
            pre-school level?

            All of the people involved in this childish behavior
            should be ashamed of what they are doing.

            Your are adults, not children.

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative
          • Gregory J Kopchak
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
              Please try to act like an adult on this list.

              Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

              I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
              like 5 year olds on line.

              Greg Kopchak
              It's All Relative

              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory J Kopchak" <greg@i...>
                wrote:
                > I am amazed that the Presidential topic is still alive.
                >
                > Please keep the Presidential Campaign OFF the list.
                >
                > Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                > pre-school level?
                >
                > All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                > should be ashamed of what they are doing.
                >
                > Your are adults, not children.
                >
                > Greg Kopchak
                > It's All Relative

                My Comcast service went down as I replied the first time and I'm not
                certain if this post got through.

                There was a poll conducted about five months ago. About twenty seven
                (~16%) of the list members responded. Of the members that
                responded, eighteen were against posting domestic political posts,
                three were for, and six were indifferent. Although not a scientific
                poll, I feel there is a strong interest in maintaining a list that
                does not accept posting of domestic political material. As you have
                stated earlier, there are hundreds of sites that have been created
                for just that purpose. I would also suggest clarifying Slovak-
                World's mission statement to eliminate needless debate over what the
                charter of this list is.

                There is a very simple solution to the problem Greg. You have
                indicated you have a business to run and do not have time to monitor
                the list or answer complaints. You can relinquish ownership of the
                list to whomever you choose or you can appoint a monitor to manage
                the list. If the selected person is in favor of maintaining list
                that does not include posts on American politics, they can then
                temporarily ban or unsubscribe members after one warning by private E-
                mail. I'm certain you will easily find candidates from both sides of
                this issue if you choose to use either of these approaches.

                Janko
              • yawho2001
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > I see Jerko is still true to his form, rude, crude, and abusive.
                  And a few people think I am out of line for posting some political
                  news???? Perhaps their attention should be redirected at Jerko so
                  they can see what really is offensive on this list, janko.

                  > CJ

                  Think about it Jack S. Your friend uses gutter language in response
                  to my post and you feel somehow I was responsible for his choice of
                  terms. Typical Sagat rationale.

                  Janko
                • krejc@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                    In a message dated 6/30/04 5:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    yawho2001@... writes:

                    > You can relinquish ownership of the
                    > list to whomever you choose

                    Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to suggest that
                    he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If this is what
                    he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago without 'permission' of list
                    members.
                    Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should be united
                    against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
                    Noreen

                  • capt jack
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                      no, what is typical is your reaction. You never grew up and took a higher road, your a whiner, and your stance is, he said so I can say, ect. Grow up Jerko, you remind me of a little whining kid who cant get his way and always wants to point out faults in others rather than working on his own.

                      CJ

                    • capt jack
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                        Ya right Jerko,

                        Do you have anyone in mind for running this list, say perhaps you?????? That would be the day!! Talk about a real Nazi run list if you were in charge. The results of your own poll, to which we don't have access to the actual results, but according to you numbers, less than twenty people out of close to three hundred members, were opposed to political posts. I would say that is a minority! Therefore, shut up!!!!

                        CJ

                      • bdgranpa
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                          AMEN !!!!!!!!!

                          _____

                          yawho2001@... writes:

                          > You can relinquish ownership of the
                          > list to whomever you choose

                          Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to suggest that

                          he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If this is
                          what
                          he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago without 'permission' of list

                          members.
                          Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should be united

                          against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
                          Noreen

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129cg6apf/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                          oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088723094/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                          anion.yahoo.com> click here

                          :HM/A=2128215/rand=689301653>

                          _____

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                        • bdgranpa
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                            one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue to
                            ignore repeated requests to cool it.

                            You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this junk.

                            _____

                            no, what is typical is your reaction. You never grew up and took a higher
                            road, your a whiner, and your stance is, he said so I can say, ect. Grow up
                            Jerko, you remind me of a little whining kid who cant get his way and
                            always wants to point out faults in others rather than working on his own.

                            CJ

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rjrvhn/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                            oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088723180/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                            anion.yahoo.com> click here

                            :HM/A=2128215/rand=915986763>

                            _____

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
                              > In a message dated 6/30/04 5:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                              > yawho2001@y... writes:
                              >
                              > > You can relinquish ownership of the
                              > > list to whomever you choose
                              >
                              > Wait a minute. Greg is the owner and monitor of this list. to
                              suggest that
                              > he could relinquish it to whomever he chooses is ridiculous. If
                              this is what
                              > he wanted to do, he could have done it long ago
                              without 'permission' of list
                              > members.

                              No one is asking Greg to seek the permission of anyone. He has the
                              option to give up ownership, give up the responsibility for
                              monitoring the list, or continue it as it is and scold those who will
                              thumb their nose at his request to remove domestic politics from this
                              list. But until he enforces his request it is ridiculous, if not
                              absurd, for anyone to believe that some of the members on this list
                              will voluntarily refrain from initiating political propaganda. I
                              don't initiate but do react or respond to political posts and will
                              continue to do so as long as no action is taken against posting
                              domestic political material.

                              > Tell me, why are we bickering politics among ourselves? we should
                              be united against terrorists. they are the enemy, not each other.
                              > Noreen

                              I believe most of the country is united on that point but many are
                              not willing to accept a culture of fear that is politically
                              motivated. There are many ways to combat terrorism and no one
                              political party has "the only answer" to that question. I feel this
                              administration has the wrong answer too frequently.

                              Janko
                            • yawho2001
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004

                                wrote:
                                > Ya right Jerko,

                                "Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                                Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                                I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                                like 5 year olds on line.

                                Greg Kopchak
                                It's All Relative"

                                > Do you have anyone in mind for running this list, say perhaps
                                you?????? That would be the day!!

                                I didn't apply. You seem to think you have that job already.

                                >Talk about a real Nazi run list if you were in charge. The results
                                of your own poll, to which we don't have access to the actual
                                results, but according to you numbers, less than twenty people out of
                                close to three hundred members, were opposed to political posts.<

                                You might wipe the flecks of foam from the corners of your mouth.
                                They're a bit unsightly. If you had the intelligence to determine
                                how the polls on Yahoogroups are conducted and knew the simplest
                                things about accessing the various features on this list you would
                                see that your reply is totally ludicrous. There are currently 166
                                members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                                when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                                read it if they feel like. As a result, there are far fewer
                                interested or active members then the membership shown at the site
                                and; therefore, the results were more meaningful than I stated in my
                                post.

                                > I would say that is a minority! Therefore, shut up!!!!

                                I would say you're on the edge of reality.

                                Janko
                              • yawho2001
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                  --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                                  > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
                                  > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
                                  >
                                  > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
                                  junk.

                                  Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

                                  Janko
                                • capt jack
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                    Janko said, "There are currently 166
                                    members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                                    when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                                    read it if they feel like. "

                                    Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts, thank you for supporting my comment.

                                    CJ

                                  • capt jack
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                      Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs original post said,

                                      Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                                      pre-school level?

                                      All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                                      should be ashamed of what they are doing.

                                      Your are adults, not children.

                                      Greg Kopchak
                                      It's All Relative

                                      I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists things to suit him, talk about childish!

                                      CJ

                                    • yawho2001
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                        wrote:
                                        > Janko said, "There are currently 166
                                        > members. At that time there were 165. Many do not receive E-mail
                                        > when posted or in a digest format. They go to the group site and
                                        > read it if they feel like. "
                                        >
                                        > Therefore, it is still a minority that oppose political posts,
                                        thank you for supporting my comment.

                                        > CJ

                                        And again you reveal your lack of ability to inerpret anything in a
                                        rational manner. Three were in favor and eighteen were opposed to
                                        posting domestic political posts. In your book three is greater than
                                        eighteen.

                                        Janko
                                      • yawho2001
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                          wrote:
                                          > Once again, Janko decides to alter what was said by someone, Gregs
                                          original post said,

                                          > Why can't everyone on the list act at a higher than
                                          > pre-school level?
                                          >
                                          > All of the people involved in this childish behavior
                                          > should be ashamed of what they are doing.
                                          >
                                          > Your are adults, not children.
                                          >
                                          > Greg Kopchak
                                          > It's All Relative
                                          >
                                          > I hope all take notice how deceitfully he is and how he twists
                                          things to suit him, talk about childish!

                                          > CJ

                                          Once again Jack S goes off half cocked. Read Greg's post 8878.

                                          "At 02:51 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                                          Please try to act like an adult on this list.

                                          Take the name calling to the playground at recess.

                                          I can't see why seemingly intelligent people behave
                                          like 5 year olds on line.

                                          Greg Kopchak
                                          It's All Relative"

                                          Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

                                          Janko
                                        • bdgranpa
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                            you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                                            _____

                                            > one way of cleaning up this "mess" is to suspend those who continue
                                            > ignore repeated requests to cool it.
                                            >
                                            > You are doing a fine job Greg. Sorry you have to put up with this
                                            junk.

                                            Thanks for echoing my suggestion.

                                            Janko

                                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129sbn3qh/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
                                            oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1088730273/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
                                            netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

                                            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                                            :HM/A=2164339/rand=699442889>

                                            _____

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 30, 2004
                                              --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "bdgranpa" <bdgranpa@c...> wrote:
                                              > you would be of the first suspended o mighty one

                                              Thanks. I'm glad you recognize my title. If you had the ability to
                                              make a search of the archives you would find I don't initiate
                                              political posts. I see you're trying to vie with your buddy Jack S
                                              to see who can outdo the other in going off half cocked.

                                              Janko
                                            • fduttry@webtv.net
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                                                Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                                                flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                                                gzestoghowy
                                                I thank any one that can help.
                                                God Bless Pauline
                                              • Scott T. Mikusko
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jul 1, 2004
                                                  On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 fduttry@... wrote:

                                                  > Hi Can any one help me? I got a beautiful pair of rosay beads at at a
                                                  > flea market and on the meadal it reads pamiatka
                                                  > gzestoghowy
                                                  > I thank any one that can help.
                                                  > God Bless Pauline

                                                  pamiatka means "memory" or "momento", or even "relic". I'm not sure of
                                                  the other word, it looks like either an archaic form of Slovak or perhaps
                                                  Polish. "Gzestoghowa" reminds me of Czestohowa, a town in Poland.

                                                  "Momento from <something/where>"

                                                  I'm clutching at straws, here.

                                                  -S