Re: [Slovak-World] Yesterday's Arrangements

  • brieuc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
      I can't imagine anyone wondering why our Secret Service got our President out
      of that cathedral area as soon as possible. Did it ever occur to any of you
      who are questioning all this that he would have been a perfect target for the
      crazies who are out to cause trouble. In fact, the Secret Service fellows
      were probably having Excedrin headaches all morning long, worrying about all
      those possible targets in that cathedral. I know I was hoping ahead of time that
      the President would be whisked away really fast from all the activities, just
      to keep him safe. Why is it so difficult to figure this out???

      Laverne
    • bdgranpa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
        probably because they don't think with their brain. Must be from the other
        end.

        _____

        I can't imagine anyone wondering why our Secret Service got our President
        out
        of that cathedral area as soon as possible. Did it ever occur to any of you

        who are questioning all this that he would have been a perfect target for
        the
        crazies who are out to cause trouble. In fact, the Secret Service fellows
        were probably having Excedrin headaches all morning long, worrying about all

        those possible targets in that cathedral. I know I was hoping ahead of time
        that
        the President would be whisked away really fast from all the activities,
        just
        to keep him safe. Why is it so difficult to figure this out???

        Laverne

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129liant0/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705103562:HM/EXP=1087257193/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g4/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2164330/rand=217796297>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • yawho2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, brieuc@a... wrote:
          >I can't imagine anyone wondering why our Secret Service got our
          President out of that cathedral area as soon as possible. Did it
          ever occur to any of you who are questioning all this that he would
          have been a perfect target for the crazies who are out to cause
          trouble.<

          Did it ever occur to you that the building was loaded with Secret
          Service personnel and loads of national and international
          dignitaries? He was probably much safer there than when on his
          couch, Segway, or mountain bike.

          >In fact, the Secret Service fellows were probably having Excedrin
          headaches all morning long, worrying about all those possible targets
          in that cathedral.<

          Did they rush all the potential "targets" out of the cathedral?

          >I know I was hoping ahead of time that the President would be
          whisked away really fast from all the activities, just to keep him
          safe. Why is it so difficult to figure this out???<

          I guess because we expect the security forces to have planned for the
          safety at the cathedral far in advance of this event. He is more in
          danger in motorcades going to and from fund raising events all over
          the country, even though they probably use decoys. Many of us don't
          buy into the culture of fear that is being promoted at this time.
          Vigilance is necessary but blind fear accomplishes very little.

          Janko
        • capt jack
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2004
            because there are not many deep thinkers that understand the whole picture. They would rather try and find fault with something rather than understand the reasons behind actions.

            CJ