Re: [Slovak-World] Tornado-Skoda

  • Scott T. Mikusko
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2004
      On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, yawho2001 wrote:

      > I didn't know that this part of Europe (or any other part for that
      > matter) had tornados. I've heard of very high winds but not tornados.

      Tornados are mostly a North American phenomenon, but you get the odd
      twister in Europe. England got a couple in the past few years, much to the
      locals' bewilderment.

      I can just imagine what the immigrants thought when they headed deep into
      the Midwest and came up against crazy North American continental weather.

      We had a one here in the Bay Area about 4 years ago, and I was psyched.
      Made me feel at home... :)

      -S