Re: OT D-Day

  • area9103
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
      > On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Claudia Medvik wrote:

      it never explained why 'we > had to make a blood sacrifice' on the
      invasion. Couldn't we have bombed > > an area flat like we did Berlin
      and then invaded? Why land right men > > into the teeth of mines and
      machine guns??
      > > Claudia

      Even though Berlin was bombed flat after 6 years of war, the Russians
      still paid some 25,000 lives to conquor that city. Scott's answer
      covers your question more directly.