RE: [Slovak-World] My opinion

  • gergely
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
      No, capt jack has already written me privately and said that he wasn't the
      author.

      None the less, it is a powerful statement. This kind of delusion I will
      willingly accept.

      Jack Gergely

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "gergely" <gergely@v...> wrote:
        >No, capt jack has already written me privately and said that he
        wasn't the author.<

        After he accepted kudos for it.

        >None the less, it is a powerful statement. This kind of delusion I
        will willingly accept.<

        >Jack Gergely<

        Are you saying the statement is a delusion or are you saying you
        accept being deluded by CJ? The chances are the attributed author is
        also a delusion. Using a military title (MGySgt., USMC, Lt. Col.,
        etc.) when spinning Bushit for the Regressives is good practice.
        They lap it up. There is a good probability the author is a well
        paid propagandist who, like Dubyah, never served in combat or even
        served at all. There are truths, half truths and lies in the
        statement but that's politics and it'll get much worse as the half
        billion GOP dollars go to work in the "liberal" media this fall. As
        it stands now, Bush's billionaires are hard at work.

        http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6217-2004Jun1.html

        "The White House is not a warm and fuzzy place these days, or so
        suggest two seminal articles from over the long weekend.

        In The Washington Post, Dana Milbank and Jim VandeHei describe the
        unprecedented ferocity of the Bush campaign's often deceptive anti-
        Kerry advertising blitz.

        And in the New York Times, David E. Sanger describes a spectacular
        loss of discipline in the White House, now riven by vicious
        backbiting.

        Meanwhile, Matthew Cooper writes in Time magazine that President Bush
        is now keeping Saddam Hussein's gun in his study. Unloaded, we are
        assured.

        Messages of Negativity

        In The Post, Milbank and VandeHei write: "Scholars and political
        strategists say the ferocious Bush assault on Kerry this spring has
        been extraordinary, both for the volume of attacks and for the
        liberties the president and his campaign have taken with the facts.
        Though stretching the truth is hardly new in a political campaign,
        they say the volume of negative charges is unprecedented -- both in
        speeches and in advertising.

        "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been attacks
        on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
        markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
        negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"

        Janko
      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
          CJ,
          very well put.
          noreen

        • krejc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
            In a message dated 6/1/04 10:39:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            humblebe@... writes:
            These soldiers went there to free these people, but
            they didn’t want to be freed, they didn’t ask for us to go there, but there
            we are.

            The terrorists did not want us there nor the extremists who were happy with
            the status quo. but the educated and thinking people did.
            in Desert Storm, the coalition pulled out prematurely because their goal of
            freeing Kuwait was accomplished and this pulling out left the people at the
            northern border (who helped us during the Desert Storm War) vulnerable to the
            madman of Baghdad who slaughtered them and used more poisonous weaponry on them.
            For one thing, i am pretty sure that we are not going to do this to them a
            second time.
            Noreen

          • krejc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
              sandman6294@... writes:

              If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
              based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.

              http://www.probush.com/remember.htm
              Who cares who authored it? i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for
              evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
              by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name to it.
              Noreen

            • John M,
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                At 07:29 PM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                >In a message dated 6/1/04 1:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                >sandman6294@... writes:
                >
                >If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                >based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.
                >
                >http://www.probush.com/remember.htm
                >Who cares who authored it?

                I and many other people do. It appears that you don't care if a person is
                honest as long as you benefit from their actions. If someone steals
                something you like and gives it to you would you say who cares?

                >i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for evil to flourish is for
                >good men to do nothing. by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name
                >to it.
                >Noreen

                I don't believe cowboys going off half cocked to fight the "Axis of Evil"
                without the support of their traditional allies and good intelligence
                qualifies as "a good man doing something". The Pentagon's darling Ahmed
                Chalabi is now being cast adrift but only after the rigged intelligence he
                passed on was swallowed by an administration raring to go to war for
                political purposes.

                You imply a decrepit tin horn dictator is a world threat? Most of the
                world didn't think so. No navy, no air force, an army with antiquated
                weapons systems? Yes, you can kill people, and they are doing so, with low
                tech weapons but the outcome was never in doubt. A good analogy would be
                the Polish horse cavalry fighting the German Panzer divisions, which they
                did in 1939. You might call it a brave but it was certainly a futile
                act. Did he make the world a safer place? I don't think so. He may have
                increased the number of terrorists.

                As for Jack S signing his name, when you post a long statement without
                using quotes and giving credit to the author or providing the source, it's
                called plagiarism. The subject was My Opinion and it was posted by him.
                Jack G commented:

                "WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
                one! Well said! Bravo!!"

                and Jack S replied:

                "Thank you Jack.
                CJ"

                Janko
              • capt jack
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Well put Noreen.

                  CJ

                • yawho2001
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                    --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
                    >Who cares who authored it?<

                    I and many other people do. It appears that you don't care if a
                    person is honest as long as you benefit from their actions. If
                    someone steals something you like and gives it to you would you say
                    who cares?

                    >i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for evil to flourish is
                    for good men to do nothing.<

                    I don't believe a cowboy president going off half cocked to fight a
                    preemptive war against the "Axis of Evil" without the support of our
                    traditional allies and good intelligence qualifies as "a good man
                    doing something". The Pentagon's darling Ahmed Chalabi is now being
                    cast adrift but only after the rigged intelligence he passed on was
                    swallowed by an administration raring to go to war for political
                    purposes.

                    You imply a decrepit tin horn dictator is a world threat. Many
                    Americans and most of the world didn't think so. No navy, no air
                    force, an army with antiquated weapons systems. Yes, you can kill
                    people with low tech weapons but the outcome was never in doubt. A
                    good analogy would be the Polish horse cavalry fighting the German
                    Panzer divisions, which they did in 1939. You might call it a brave
                    act but it was also certainly a futile act. Did he make the world a
                    safer place? I don't think so. He may have increased the number of
                    terrorists and the odds of doing more damage here and abroad.

                    >by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name to it.
                    Noreen<

                    As for Jack S signing his name, when you post a long statement
                    without using quotes and giving credit to the author or providing the
                    source, it's called plagiarism. The subject was My Opinion and it
                    was posted by CJ. Jack G commented:

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                      "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been attacks
                      on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
                      markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
                      negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"

                      Janko

                      I guess there is just a lot more negative things about Kerry than there is about Bush! :-)

                      CJ

                    • yawho2001
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
                        wrote:
                        > "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been
                        attacks
                        > on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
                        > markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
                        > negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"
                        >
                        > Janko
                        >
                        > I guess there is just a lot more negative things about Kerry than
                        there is about Bush! :-)

                        > CJ

                        Gee, I guess it's because he has money to burn given by the people he
                        gave almost a trillion in tax cuts. He can't win on substantive
                        issues so he hopes idiots will buy his Bushit. I see you've bought it.

                        Janko
                      • capt jack
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 2, 2004
                          "Gee, I guess it's because he has money to burn... "

                          I assume you are talking about J. "gigolo" Kerry in that statement, as if he doesnt have millions at his disposal and more available from his women and supporters.

                          CJ