Re: [Slovak-World] RE: Fwd: TRIBUTE to America - song & words "God Bless the USA"

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 1 8:57 AM
      On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:08:48 -0400 Michelle A Mader
      <Michelle.A.Mader@...> writes:

      > the president is
      > supposed to deal with the economy. (NOTE: There were several
      > presidents and both political parties represented during this
      > period.)

      Michelle,

      Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States (which our government
      does not follow anyway) is there any responsbility for "deal(ing) with
      the economy". In fact, Article I, Section 8, puts this responsibility on
      Congress. Article II deals with the Presidency. Section 1 says: "The
      executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of
      America." Section 2 deals with his responsibility as Commander-in-Chief
      and Section 3 deals with his responsibilities with reference to the
      Congress.

      William F. Brna
    • capt jack
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 13 10:15 PM