Re: [Slovak-World] My opinion

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
      I sat in a movie theater watching "Schindler's List," asked myself, "Why didn't the Jews fight back?"

      Now I know why.
      !
      I sat in a movie theater, watching "Pearl Harbor" and asked myself, "Why weren't we prepared?"

      Now I know why.

      Civilized people cannot fathom, much less predict, the actions of evil people.

      On September 11, dozens of capable airplane passengers allowed themselves to be overpowered by a handful of poorly armed terrorists because they did not comprehend the depth of hatred that motivated their captors.

      On September 11, thousands of innocent people were murdered because too many Americans naively reject the reality that some nations are dedicated to the dominance of others. Many political pundits, pacifists and media personnel wa! nt us to forget the carnage. They say we must focus on the bravery of the rescuers and ignore the cowardice of the killers. They implore us to understand the motivation of the perpetrators. Major television stations have announced they will assist the healing process by not replaying devastating footage of the planes crashing into the Twin Towers.

      I will not be manipulated.

      I will not pretend to understand.

      I will not forget.

      I will not forget the liberal media who abused freedom of the press to kick our country when it was vulnerable and hurting.

      I will not forget that CBS anchor Dan Rather preceded President Bush's address to the nation with the snide remark, "No matter how you feel about him, he is still our president."

      I will not forget that ABC TV anchor Peter Jennings questioned President Bush's motives for not returning immediately to Washington, DC and commented, "We're all pretty skeptical and cynical about Washington."

      And I will not forget that ABC's Mark Halperin warned if reporters weren't informed of every little detail of this war, they aren't "likely -- nor should they be expected -- to show deference."

      I will not isolate myself from my fellow Americans by pretending an attack on the USS Cole in Yemen was not an attack on the United States of America.

      I wil! l not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications.

      I will not be appeased with pointless, quick retaliatory strikes like those perfected by the previous administration.

      I will! not be comforted by "feel-good, do nothing" regulations like the silly, "Have your bags been under your control?" question at the airport.

      I will not be influenced by so called,"antiwar demonstrators" who exploit the right of ___expression to chant anti-American obscenities.

      I will not forget the moral victory handed the North Vietnamese by American war protesters who re! viled and spat upon the returning soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines.

      I will not be softened by the wishful thinking of pacifists who chose reassurance over reality.

      I will embrace the wise words of Prime Minister Tony Blair who told the Labor Party conference, "They have no moral inhibition on the slaughter of the innocent. If they could have murdered not 7,000 but 70,000, does anyone doubt they would have done so and rejoiced in it?

      There is no compromise possible with such people, no meeting of minds, no point of understanding with such terror. Just a choice: defeat it or be defeated by it. And defeat it we must!"

    • gergely
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
        WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
        one! Well said! Bravo!!

        Jack Gergely
        Newport News

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
          Thank you Jack.

          CJ

        • gergely
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
            It was great. Did you write it?
            Jack Gergely

            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
              Dave,

              If you do not see the difference between Saddam and this country, then I feel very sorry for you. If you do not see the difference between what we are trying to accomplish and what Saddam was accomplishing, I again feel sorry for you. If you feel it was unnecessary to reply to the terrorism inflicted upon this country on its soil, I wish you deeper understanding of what is going on. It is always tragic to loose any of our boys, but to stand by and do nothing is akin to approval of evil actions. This administration is taking action against enemy's of this country, unlike the previous administration who did nothing for fear of adverse liberal opinion. We must do the right thing, without fear of public opinion, for it is the right thing to do, as in our response to Pearl Harbor, where less people died than 9/11. We are under attack now as we were then, our response can be no less now then it was then.

              CJ

            • John M,
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                At 10:51 AM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                >WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
                >one! Well said! Bravo!!
                >
                >Jack Gergely
                >Newport News

                If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.

                http://www.probush.com/remember.htm

                Janko
              • David
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Memorial Day in Iraq:
                  We all see the terrible death toll that is happening in Iraq, and we saw
                  the daily list of the dead, go over the 300 mark and it has now passed the
                  800 mark. The problem is seeing these numbers day after day, numbers soon
                  become commonplace and along the line sadness is lost. On a segment of Andy
                  Rooney, they showed all 800 military personnel who have died in Iraq.
                  Watching the pictures of these men and women was enough to break your
                  heart…so young, so vibrant. These lives were wasted needlessly over a war
                  that no one wanted. These soldiers went there to free these people, but
                  they didn’t want to be freed, they didn’t ask for us to go there, but there
                  we are. Somehow, watching all the pictures of these dead heroes go by, one
                  at a time, sadness has now turned to dismay. The dismay can turn to hatred
                  for those politicians promoting a war with a country that didn’t ask to be
                  saved. If I allow myself to feel hatred, then I would be no different then
                  the political bosses who pushed for this war. How sad for all these
                  Americans to die, maybe all in vein. Was this war really necessary? Did we
                  have to sacrifice all our young men and women to go into battle with a
                  country we had no business there in the first place? When you think about
                  this mess we got ourselves into, just maybe , Saddam Hussein was the only
                  man who could keep all three ethnic groups together as one country.
                  Remember, it wasn't too long ago, our country was promoting him! He is a
                  terrible person, a killer and don't deserve to live, but who could now take
                  his place? Sure he ruled with an iron fist. Sure he killed innocent people.
                  Didn’t we do the same? How about all the troops and innocent citizens that
                  were killed with friendly fire? The death of these valiant soldiers left a
                  void in someone’s life. The bottom line is there is no winner on either
                  side. There is just death and destruction, not only to us but also to the
                  innocent citizen who got in the way. When this war is over and we finally
                  get an accurate count of all the innocent Iraqian citizens that were
                  killed, it probably will be shocking. That US Military man, or that person
                  who died needlessly might have had a brilliant future or been a future
                  scientist, doctor or researcher that might have helped save the world, or
                  discovered a cure for some rare diseases. All this war did was waste lives,
                  which history will probably say, was for the sake of oil. This is a sad
                  state of affairs. What have we gotten ourselves into?
                  David Kuchta
                • Vladimir Linder
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Well, well, well, than that is a copyright violation by CJ.

                  • wrabbit@wolfenet.com
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                      "I will not forget the Clinton administration equipped Islamic terrorists and their supporters with the world's most sophisticated telecommunications equipment and encryption technology, thereby compromising America's ability to trace terrorist radio, cell phone, land lines, faxes and modem communications."

                      But wasn't that Rumsfeld in the picture shaking Sadaam's hand when he gave them the weapons to kill the shiites in support of the war on Iran? Dec, 20, 1983.

                      And on the right are a few more people now in jail.

                      How short are our memories?

                      Still pissed off that any commander would let his people in the field take the fall for him, but that seems to be the way for GW and Rumsfeld.

                      Dushan

                      >WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
                      >one! Well said! Bravo!!
                      >
                      >Jack Gergely
                      >Newport News

                      If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                      based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.

                      http://www.probush.com/remember.htm

                      Janko

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • gergely
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                        No, capt jack has already written me privately and said that he wasn't the
                        author.

                        None the less, it is a powerful statement. This kind of delusion I will
                        willingly accept.

                        Jack Gergely

                        >WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
                        >one! Well said! Bravo!!
                        >
                        >Jack Gergely
                        >Newport News

                        If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                        based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.

                        http://www.probush.com/remember.htm

                        Janko

                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • yawho2001
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "gergely" <gergely@v...> wrote:
                          >No, capt jack has already written me privately and said that he
                          wasn't the author.<

                          After he accepted kudos for it.

                          >None the less, it is a powerful statement. This kind of delusion I
                          will willingly accept.<

                          >Jack Gergely<

                          Are you saying the statement is a delusion or are you saying you
                          accept being deluded by CJ? The chances are the attributed author is
                          also a delusion. Using a military title (MGySgt., USMC, Lt. Col.,
                          etc.) when spinning Bushit for the Regressives is good practice.
                          They lap it up. There is a good probability the author is a well
                          paid propagandist who, like Dubyah, never served in combat or even
                          served at all. There are truths, half truths and lies in the
                          statement but that's politics and it'll get much worse as the half
                          billion GOP dollars go to work in the "liberal" media this fall. As
                          it stands now, Bush's billionaires are hard at work.

                          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6217-2004Jun1.html

                          "The White House is not a warm and fuzzy place these days, or so
                          suggest two seminal articles from over the long weekend.

                          In The Washington Post, Dana Milbank and Jim VandeHei describe the
                          unprecedented ferocity of the Bush campaign's often deceptive anti-
                          Kerry advertising blitz.

                          And in the New York Times, David E. Sanger describes a spectacular
                          loss of discipline in the White House, now riven by vicious
                          backbiting.

                          Meanwhile, Matthew Cooper writes in Time magazine that President Bush
                          is now keeping Saddam Hussein's gun in his study. Unloaded, we are
                          assured.

                          Messages of Negativity

                          In The Post, Milbank and VandeHei write: "Scholars and political
                          strategists say the ferocious Bush assault on Kerry this spring has
                          been extraordinary, both for the volume of attacks and for the
                          liberties the president and his campaign have taken with the facts.
                          Though stretching the truth is hardly new in a political campaign,
                          they say the volume of negative charges is unprecedented -- both in
                          speeches and in advertising.

                          "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been attacks
                          on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
                          markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
                          negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"

                          Janko
                        • krejc@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                            CJ,
                            very well put.
                            noreen

                          • krejc@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                              In a message dated 6/1/04 10:39:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                              humblebe@... writes:
                              These soldiers went there to free these people, but
                              they didn’t want to be freed, they didn’t ask for us to go there, but there
                              we are.

                              The terrorists did not want us there nor the extremists who were happy with
                              the status quo. but the educated and thinking people did.
                              in Desert Storm, the coalition pulled out prematurely because their goal of
                              freeing Kuwait was accomplished and this pulling out left the people at the
                              northern border (who helped us during the Desert Storm War) vulnerable to the
                              madman of Baghdad who slaughtered them and used more poisonous weaponry on them.
                              For one thing, i am pretty sure that we are not going to do this to them a
                              second time.
                              Noreen

                            • krejc@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                sandman6294@... writes:

                                If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                                based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.

                                http://www.probush.com/remember.htm
                                Who cares who authored it? i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for
                                evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
                                by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name to it.
                                Noreen

                              • John M,
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                  At 07:29 PM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                                  >In a message dated 6/1/04 1:46:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  >sandman6294@... writes:
                                  >
                                  >If you believe Jack S wrote that then you're very easily deluded, which
                                  >based on your statements now and in the past, is easy to deduce.
                                  >
                                  >http://www.probush.com/remember.htm
                                  >Who cares who authored it?

                                  I and many other people do. It appears that you don't care if a person is
                                  honest as long as you benefit from their actions. If someone steals
                                  something you like and gives it to you would you say who cares?

                                  >i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for evil to flourish is for
                                  >good men to do nothing. by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name
                                  >to it.
                                  >Noreen

                                  I don't believe cowboys going off half cocked to fight the "Axis of Evil"
                                  without the support of their traditional allies and good intelligence
                                  qualifies as "a good man doing something". The Pentagon's darling Ahmed
                                  Chalabi is now being cast adrift but only after the rigged intelligence he
                                  passed on was swallowed by an administration raring to go to war for
                                  political purposes.

                                  You imply a decrepit tin horn dictator is a world threat? Most of the
                                  world didn't think so. No navy, no air force, an army with antiquated
                                  weapons systems? Yes, you can kill people, and they are doing so, with low
                                  tech weapons but the outcome was never in doubt. A good analogy would be
                                  the Polish horse cavalry fighting the German Panzer divisions, which they
                                  did in 1939. You might call it a brave but it was certainly a futile
                                  act. Did he make the world a safer place? I don't think so. He may have
                                  increased the number of terrorists.

                                  As for Jack S signing his name, when you post a long statement without
                                  using quotes and giving credit to the author or providing the source, it's
                                  called plagiarism. The subject was My Opinion and it was posted by him.
                                  Jack G commented:

                                  "WOW!! I don't always agree with your statements Jack, but, I sure do this
                                  one! Well said! Bravo!!"

                                  and Jack S replied:

                                  "Thank you Jack.
                                  CJ"

                                  Janko
                                • capt jack
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                    Well put Noreen.

                                    CJ

                                  • yawho2001
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
                                      >Who cares who authored it?<

                                      I and many other people do. It appears that you don't care if a
                                      person is honest as long as you benefit from their actions. If
                                      someone steals something you like and gives it to you would you say
                                      who cares?

                                      >i am glad for the reminder that all it takes for evil to flourish is
                                      for good men to do nothing.<

                                      I don't believe a cowboy president going off half cocked to fight a
                                      preemptive war against the "Axis of Evil" without the support of our
                                      traditional allies and good intelligence qualifies as "a good man
                                      doing something". The Pentagon's darling Ahmed Chalabi is now being
                                      cast adrift but only after the rigged intelligence he passed on was
                                      swallowed by an administration raring to go to war for political
                                      purposes.

                                      You imply a decrepit tin horn dictator is a world threat. Many
                                      Americans and most of the world didn't think so. No navy, no air
                                      force, an army with antiquated weapons systems. Yes, you can kill
                                      people with low tech weapons but the outcome was never in doubt. A
                                      good analogy would be the Polish horse cavalry fighting the German
                                      Panzer divisions, which they did in 1939. You might call it a brave
                                      act but it was also certainly a futile act. Did he make the world a
                                      safer place? I don't think so. He may have increased the number of
                                      terrorists and the odds of doing more damage here and abroad.

                                      >by the way, i don't recall CJ as signing his name to it.
                                      Noreen<

                                      As for Jack S signing his name, when you post a long statement
                                      without using quotes and giving credit to the author or providing the
                                      source, it's called plagiarism. The subject was My Opinion and it
                                      was posted by CJ. Jack G commented:

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                        "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been attacks
                                        on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
                                        markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
                                        negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"

                                        Janko

                                        I guess there is just a lot more negative things about Kerry than there is about Bush! :-)

                                        CJ

                                      • yawho2001
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jun 1, 2004
                                          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, capt jack <captjack00@y...>
                                          wrote:
                                          > "Three-quarters of the ads aired by Bush's campaign have been
                                          attacks
                                          > on Kerry. Bush so far has aired 49,050 negative ads in the top 100
                                          > markets, or 75 percent of his advertising. Kerry has run 13,336
                                          > negative ads -- or 27 percent of his total. ................"
                                          >
                                          > Janko
                                          >
                                          > I guess there is just a lot more negative things about Kerry than
                                          there is about Bush! :-)

                                          > CJ

                                          Gee, I guess it's because he has money to burn given by the people he
                                          gave almost a trillion in tax cuts. He can't win on substantive
                                          issues so he hopes idiots will buy his Bushit. I see you've bought it.

                                          Janko
                                        • capt jack
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jun 2, 2004
                                            "Gee, I guess it's because he has money to burn... "

                                            I assume you are talking about J. "gigolo" Kerry in that statement, as if he doesnt have millions at his disposal and more available from his women and supporters.

                                            CJ