RE: Fwd: TRIBUTE to America - song & words "God Bless the USA"

  • Michelle A Mader
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 1, 2004
      Jack,

      This was uncalled for and you owe Alyssa an apology.

      My husband was also unemployed for several years. I live in a
      defferent state than Alyssa. We do NOT blame his unemployment on
      the President. However, since OH has one of the highest unemployment
      rates in the country and has had for the past 10 years there's an
      obvious problem with the economy here and the president is
      supposed to deal with the economy. (NOTE: There were several
      presidents and both political parties represented during this period.)

      As for leaving the state, my husband thought it was more important
      to stay and care for his wife and minor children than to go take some
      min. wage job in VA. Personally, I'd rather have him here. He is more
      than just a walking wallet to our family.

      Michelle Maco Mader
      Cleveland, Ohio USA

      At 07:41 AM 6/1/2004 -0400, you wrote:
      >Why on earth is it the President's duty to find your husband a job?
      >
      >How on Earth can a MAN sit on his butt for three years and not work???
      >Amazing!
      >
      >Get him off his butt and send him somewhere where there are jobs. Anyone
      >who is able and is not working in this country is just pure LAZY!!!!
      >
      >Jobs are plentiful here in Virginia. But, I'm not sure that we want someone
      >who hasn't worked in three years littering up our sidewalks.
      >
      >Jack Gergely
      >Newport News
      >

      >Thank you, Fred. I , too, am not proud of the way in which we are today.
      >Except for the comments about the UN( I do not believe that all are
      >corrupt), I thank you for wording your passage so gracefully; I could not
      >have said it better! My husband has been out of work for almost three years
      >now, and it has been very hard; the current administration's efforts at
      >restoring lost jobs has been minimal, as far as I am concerned.
      > However, I, to am proud to live in the USA; I know that in so many ways, we
      >are far better off than our Slovak ancestors..
      >Alyssa
    • capt jack
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 13, 2004
        what are you talking about???????