Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Fwd: TRIBUTE to America - song & words "God Bless the...

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      At 06:45 PM 1/06/2004, you wrote:
      >In a message dated 6/1/04 1:14:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      >yawho2001@... writes:
      >
      > > Do you think the UK and France would have gone along?
      >
      >France is France. But the invasion of Poland was a large consideration of
      >England's entering the war to the extent that it did.

      I think it was more a case of my enemies enemy is my friend or let us worry
      about Germany first and then we can think of Russia. Didn't one of the
      American generals want to go in through Italy and keep going until the
      Russians drowned in the Arctic ocean? He must have known the danger Uncle
      Joe would become.

      Nick
    • krejc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
        In a message dated 6/2/04 12:54:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        captjack00@... writes:

        > Could it be this war was not "about oil"??????
        CJ,
        Yes it could be that this war was not about oil, as a lot of people realize.
        Before we went into this war, it was stated that only 8% of the oil used in
        the United States comes from Arab states. We get a large percentage of our
        oil from South America and the strike in Venezuala caused a decline in
        production , and THAT is when our oil prices started to rocket at the start of the
        winter heating season. That is what i was told by the oil vendors that I deal
        with who provide heating fuel to our customers.
        Venezuela was the fourth largest supplier of oil to United States, the other
        three were Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Canada. Iraq did not figure into it.
        Now when Venezuela went on strike, when violence was shown, workers were shot
        and riots started; and when Chevez was temporarily ousted, we had a great
        chance to step in and take over, if oil is all that we are about. instead,
        Bush encouraged peace and we did not intefere.
        Noreen

      • yawho2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
          At 06:56 AM 6/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          >> Could it be this war was not "about oil"??????
          CJ,<<

          >Yes it could be that this war was not about oil, as a lot of people
          realize. Before we went into this war, it was stated that only 8% of
          the oil used in the United States comes from Arab states. ...........
          Now when Venezuela went on strike, when violence was shown, workers
          were shot and riots started; and when<

          That's good party line rhetoric. Of course there is no possibility
          the oil companies are not working behind the scenes as Enron did
          during the energy crisis in California to bilk the public for a
          billion or so. Given it was not a CIA generated crisis, it may have
          evolved naturally based on Venezuelan politics but the short term gas
          price isn't the problem.

          The US consumes huge quantities of the world's oil reserves (< than
          5% of the worlds population uses >25% of the world's oil) and will
          need larger supplies in the future. Iraq has the world's second
          greatest reserves. We protect the dictatorial Al Saud regime to
          protect our oil interests. It makes sense to take out a non-
          cooperating dictator like Saddam and replace him with someone who is
          less of a threat to the Saudi's and our interest. The following is
          another point of view from the Net"

          "Read the Oil and Gas International (10/30/02) report about how the
          White House and State Department scheduled meetings with Iraqi
          opposition leaders to carve out Iraq's oil and gas
          reserves." ........you find it's worth $1.1 trillion in oil
          contracts; a new Iraq regime will dispense them to US and UK oil
          companies. Ahmed Chalabi, leader of the London-based Iraqi National
          Congress already met with executives of three US oil multinationals
          to negotiate the carve-up of Iraq's massive oil reserves after Gulf
          War II (Beaumont & Islam, 2002; Dreyfus, 2002). "Neither ExxonMobil
          nor ChevronTexaco would say if they had held talks with Iraqi
          opposition leaders. Like most other major operators, however, they
          did say they would return to Iraq if sanctions were lifted" (Oil &
          Gas International, 2002).

          ...............Five Bush administration members were Enron
          executives. ExxonMobil contributed $1.2 million to the Republican
          Party in 2000, second to Enron; ExxonMobil spent $47 million lobbying
          the US Congress and Presidential Administrations since 1997.
          Condoleeza Rice was senior executive with Chevron Oil (1991-2000);
          they named an oil tanker after her. ..........Bush and Cheney see the
          world as oil. Bush was senior executive at three oil companies
          (Arbusto Energy, Spectrum 7, 1978-84, Harken oil 1986-90). VP Cheney
          was CEO of Halliburton (1995-2000), world's largest oil service
          company. This oil war keeps attention off Enrongate, Harken and
          Halliburton accounting scandals. Oil and Enron scripted US energy
          policy (Cheney Report http://www.whitehouse.gov/energy)............"

          Yep, it's about Iraqi freedom. I can see it now, the administration
          just wanted to spend hundreds of billions of middle class tax payer
          dollars to free the Iraqi people with no interest in oil at all. Now
          they are stumbling out before our election to make it look as if the
          puppet government will be given real power and we're not going to
          take a penny in oil contracts from this or future Iraqi governments.
          How sweet of them to be so kind. If he gets a next term we can try
          the same with North Korea. And we won't be doing it just to take
          over there "kimchi" reserves.

          >Chevez was temporarily ousted, we had a great chance to step in and
          take over, if oil is all that we are about. instead, Bush encouraged
          peace and we did not intefere.
          Noreen<

          I'm not quite certain what to make of arguments like this. Were the
          oil companies hurt by our staying (at least on the surface) out of
          Venezuelan politics? Do you mean we are snow white since we didn't
          move our troops in, set up occupation forces and stayed until oil ran
          out? The Great Divider has only been in office for three years and
          already his followers appear to be developing a liking for a
          dictatorial and/or imperialistic power approach to governing.

          This administration's policies remind me of Stonewall Jackson's
          exhortation to his troops. His troops moved so fast on foot they
          began calling them the "foot cavalry". As they were winning a battle
          and the federals were in trouble he would tell them to "Keep the
          sceer (scare) on them boys." That's what this administration is
          doing when it comes to terrorism, axis of evil, oil etc. Hopefully
          we don't have a nation of wimps like CJ who will succumb to the
          huckster selling his "Me is safety" platform.

          Janko
        • capt jack
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2004
            That's good party line rhetoric. Of course there is no possibility
            the oil companies are not working behind the scenes as Enron did
            during the energy crisis in California to bilk the public for a
            billion or so. Given it was not a CIA generated crisis, it may have
            evolved naturally based on Venezuelan politics but the short term gas
            price isn't the problem.

            Oh my, another conspiracy theory, gee everyone is against you janko, and you are under attack from all fronts! better pull that liberal blanket back over your head and continue to hide from the facts.

            CJ