Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Fwd: TRIBUTE to America - song & words "God Bless the...

  • krejc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 3:45 AM
      yawho2001@... writes:

      > Do you think the UK and France would have gone along?

      France is France. But the invasion of Poland was a large consideration of
      England's entering the war to the extent that it did. They knew that if they
      allowed Hitler to go untethered that the entire Europe would go down to Nazism.
      Like Napolean, Hitler had too many fronts. Like Napolean, Hitler did not
      consider the harsh climate of Russia. The Russian leaders had no intention of
      spreading Russia so thin, and would just use the manpower and resources of its
      satelite countries to continue the job. Who was to stop it?
      As for the CCCP, as you call it, America was not yet aware of the atrocities
      that Uncle Joe Stalin had committed. The American public was led to believe
      that Stalin was an ally. What had happened at Katyn Forest was not yet full
      known. The murder of millions in his own country was not yet known. Siberia
      was just becoming known. Joe McCarthy may have not had the best plan, but he
      understood the danger of Stalin, Communism and the formation of the Soviet
      Union. And he understood what that meant down the road to our country and to the
      freedom loving countries of the world.
      Like weeding a garden and pulling up poison ivy, you have to get the root.
      McCarthy, misguided as he was at times, understood this. Since the invention
      of the Bomb, no one can get to the root anymore because of the danger of
      ending the world as we know it. so we must all learn to live with enemies on a
      surface level. FDR was old, sick and tired and he just wanted it over. He
      allowed the CCCP, as you call it, to begin its formation and its evil. Churchhill
      may have done the right thing, if he had FDR's support.

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 4:00 AM
        At 06:45 PM 1/06/2004, you wrote:
        >In a message dated 6/1/04 1:14:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        >yawho2001@... writes:
        >
        > > Do you think the UK and France would have gone along?
        >
        >France is France. But the invasion of Poland was a large consideration of
        >England's entering the war to the extent that it did.

        I think it was more a case of my enemies enemy is my friend or let us worry
        about Germany first and then we can think of Russia. Didn't one of the
        American generals want to go in through Italy and keep going until the
        Russians drowned in the Arctic ocean? He must have known the danger Uncle
        Joe would become.

        Nick
      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 3:56 AM
          In a message dated 6/2/04 12:54:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          captjack00@... writes:

          > Could it be this war was not "about oil"??????
          CJ,
          Yes it could be that this war was not about oil, as a lot of people realize.
          Before we went into this war, it was stated that only 8% of the oil used in
          the United States comes from Arab states. We get a large percentage of our
          oil from South America and the strike in Venezuala caused a decline in
          production , and THAT is when our oil prices started to rocket at the start of the
          winter heating season. That is what i was told by the oil vendors that I deal
          with who provide heating fuel to our customers.
          Venezuela was the fourth largest supplier of oil to United States, the other
          three were Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Canada. Iraq did not figure into it.
          Now when Venezuela went on strike, when violence was shown, workers were shot
          and riots started; and when Chevez was temporarily ousted, we had a great
          chance to step in and take over, if oil is all that we are about. instead,
          Bush encouraged peace and we did not intefere.
          Noreen

        • yawho2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2 11:38 AM
            --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:
            At 06:56 AM 6/2/2004 -0400, you wrote:
            >> Could it be this war was not "about oil"??????
            CJ,<<

            >Yes it could be that this war was not about oil, as a lot of people
            realize. Before we went into this war, it was stated that only 8% of
            the oil used in the United States comes from Arab states. ...........
            Now when Venezuela went on strike, when violence was shown, workers
            were shot and riots started; and when<

            That's good party line rhetoric. Of course there is no possibility
            the oil companies are not working behind the scenes as Enron did
            during the energy crisis in California to bilk the public for a
            billion or so. Given it was not a CIA generated crisis, it may have
            evolved naturally based on Venezuelan politics but the short term gas
            price isn't the problem.

            The US consumes huge quantities of the world's oil reserves (< than
            5% of the worlds population uses >25% of the world's oil) and will
            need larger supplies in the future. Iraq has the world's second
            greatest reserves. We protect the dictatorial Al Saud regime to
            protect our oil interests. It makes sense to take out a non-
            cooperating dictator like Saddam and replace him with someone who is
            less of a threat to the Saudi's and our interest. The following is
            another point of view from the Net"

            "Read the Oil and Gas International (10/30/02) report about how the
            White House and State Department scheduled meetings with Iraqi
            opposition leaders to carve out Iraq's oil and gas
            reserves." ........you find it's worth $1.1 trillion in oil
            contracts; a new Iraq regime will dispense them to US and UK oil
            companies. Ahmed Chalabi, leader of the London-based Iraqi National
            Congress already met with executives of three US oil multinationals
            to negotiate the carve-up of Iraq's massive oil reserves after Gulf
            War II (Beaumont & Islam, 2002; Dreyfus, 2002). "Neither ExxonMobil
            nor ChevronTexaco would say if they had held talks with Iraqi
            opposition leaders. Like most other major operators, however, they
            did say they would return to Iraq if sanctions were lifted" (Oil &
            Gas International, 2002).

            ...............Five Bush administration members were Enron
            executives. ExxonMobil contributed $1.2 million to the Republican
            Party in 2000, second to Enron; ExxonMobil spent $47 million lobbying
            the US Congress and Presidential Administrations since 1997.
            Condoleeza Rice was senior executive with Chevron Oil (1991-2000);
            they named an oil tanker after her. ..........Bush and Cheney see the
            world as oil. Bush was senior executive at three oil companies
            (Arbusto Energy, Spectrum 7, 1978-84, Harken oil 1986-90). VP Cheney
            was CEO of Halliburton (1995-2000), world's largest oil service
            company. This oil war keeps attention off Enrongate, Harken and
            Halliburton accounting scandals. Oil and Enron scripted US energy
            policy (Cheney Report http://www.whitehouse.gov/energy)............"

            Yep, it's about Iraqi freedom. I can see it now, the administration
            just wanted to spend hundreds of billions of middle class tax payer
            dollars to free the Iraqi people with no interest in oil at all. Now
            they are stumbling out before our election to make it look as if the
            puppet government will be given real power and we're not going to
            take a penny in oil contracts from this or future Iraqi governments.
            How sweet of them to be so kind. If he gets a next term we can try
            the same with North Korea. And we won't be doing it just to take
            over there "kimchi" reserves.

            >Chevez was temporarily ousted, we had a great chance to step in and
            take over, if oil is all that we are about. instead, Bush encouraged
            peace and we did not intefere.
            Noreen<

            I'm not quite certain what to make of arguments like this. Were the
            oil companies hurt by our staying (at least on the surface) out of
            Venezuelan politics? Do you mean we are snow white since we didn't
            move our troops in, set up occupation forces and stayed until oil ran
            out? The Great Divider has only been in office for three years and
            already his followers appear to be developing a liking for a
            dictatorial and/or imperialistic power approach to governing.

            This administration's policies remind me of Stonewall Jackson's
            exhortation to his troops. His troops moved so fast on foot they
            began calling them the "foot cavalry". As they were winning a battle
            and the federals were in trouble he would tell them to "Keep the
            sceer (scare) on them boys." That's what this administration is
            doing when it comes to terrorism, axis of evil, oil etc. Hopefully
            we don't have a nation of wimps like CJ who will succumb to the
            huckster selling his "Me is safety" platform.

            Janko
          • capt jack
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2 11:46 AM
              That's good party line rhetoric. Of course there is no possibility
              the oil companies are not working behind the scenes as Enron did
              during the energy crisis in California to bilk the public for a
              billion or so. Given it was not a CIA generated crisis, it may have
              evolved naturally based on Venezuelan politics but the short term gas
              price isn't the problem.

              Oh my, another conspiracy theory, gee everyone is against you janko, and you are under attack from all fronts! better pull that liberal blanket back over your head and continue to hide from the facts.

              CJ