US Imports from Slovakia

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2004
      These are the top US imports from Slovakia in 2003:

      Cars - $714 mil.
      Machinery - $33 mil.
      Shoes - $29 mil.
      Computer parts - $20 mil.
      Glassware - $17 mil.
      Furniture - $16 mil.
      Household appliances - $16 mil.
      Automotive - $15 mil.
      Jewelry - $13 mil.
      Generators, transformers - $11
      Leather - $10
      Steel-mill products - $9 mil.

      Only about 5% of Slovakia's export went to the US. About 85% went to the
      old and new members of the EU.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
    • Lil Junas
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2004
        Wondering why Slovakia is importing so much glassware and leather
        since they seem to make so much of their own ??
        lil

        >These are the top US imports from Slovakia in 2003:
        >
        >Cars - $714 mil.
        >Machinery - $33 mil.
        >Shoes - $29 mil.
        >Computer parts - $20 mil.
        >Glassware - $17 mil.
        >Furniture - $16 mil.
        >Household appliances - $16 mil.
        >Automotive - $15 mil.
        >Jewelry - $13 mil.
        >Generators, transformers - $11
        >Leather - $10
        >Steel-mill products - $9 mil.
        >
        >Only about 5% of Slovakia's export went to the US. About 85% went to the
        >old and new members of the EU.
        >

        >Martin
        >
        >votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        LIL JUNAS. Comm Arts Dept. Wartburg College. Waverly, Iowa 50677
        For facts about my book, MY SLOVAKIA," and guide, check
        http://members.tripod.com/~Junas
        "To be nobody but myself."
      • Martin Votruba
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          > why Slovakia is importing so much glassware and leather

          Slovakia isn't importing those things from the US, Lil. That is a list of
          the things the United States buys from Slovakia (not of "US exports to
          Slovakia").

          These are the top _American_ im-ports _from_ Slovakia _to_ the U.S.A. in
          2003:

          Cars - $714 mil.
          Machinery - $33 mil.
          Shoes - $29 mil.
          Computer parts - $20 mil.
          Glassware - $17 mil.
          Furniture - $16 mil.
          Household appliances - $16 mil.
          Automotive - $15 mil.
          Jewelry - $13 mil.
          Generators, transformers - $11
          Leather - $10
          Steel-mill products - $9 mil.

          Only about 5% of Slovakia's ex-port went _to_ the US. About 85% went _to_
          the old and new members of the EU.

          Martin

          votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
        • J. Michutka
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            At 06:48 PM 5/3/04 -0400, you wrote:
            > > why Slovakia is importing so much glassware and leather
            >
            >Slovakia isn't importing those things from the US, Lil. That is a list of
            >the things the United States buys from Slovakia (not of "US exports to
            >Slovakia").
            >
            >These are the top _American_ im-ports _from_ Slovakia _to_ the U.S.A. in
            >2003:

            Thank you for the clarification, Martin; I was also among the confused!

            Julie Michutka
            jmm@...
          • Lil Junas
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              Sorry. Read it too fast and missed the US (American). Now it makes
              sense. Thanks. Lil