Re: [Slovak-World] Some thoughts on Slovakia joining the EU

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2004
      Yes, very much so.
      The first thing that happened after joining was, that NATO planes flew over those Baltic states. Russia feels threatened and is threatened. Watch the developments and read russian sites from time to time.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2004
        I am reading some books on World War II and find that at Yalta, one of the
        reasons that Poland was "given" to Communism is just for that reason. Stalin
        did not want the West at his door.
        Noreen

        In a message dated 5/2/04 9:39:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cmedvik@...
        writes:

        > The BBC mentioned that they were taking advantage of Russia's weakened
        > state, and that a Russia of the future might feel threatened by the West right up
        > to its border. Do you think this is a valid opinion?

      • area9103
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2004
          One good option is to restructure NATO to make Russia a full
          participating member. That gives them full insigt into all NATO
          activities and the assurance their western borders are secure.

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, krejc@a... wrote:

          > I am reading some books on World War II and find that at Yalta, one
          of the
          > reasons that Poland was "given" to Communism is just for that
          reason. Stalin
          > did not want the West at his door.
          > Noreen
          >

          > In a message dated 5/2/04 9:39:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          cmedvik@m...
          > writes:
          >
          > > The BBC mentioned that they were taking advantage of Russia's
          weakened
          > > state, and that a Russia of the future might feel threatened by
          the West right up
          > > to its border. Do you think this is a valid opinion?

        • Vladimir Bohinc
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2004
            For as much as I know russian soul, they will never allow that somebody else will vote on what they have to do in military terms. They are too proud. I find it correct.
            Vladimir

            http://www.eset.sk