Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Electricity & Coal

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 99 , May 2, 2004
      Dear Gil,
      It might seem unusual, but I am a fan of aviation and space issues. I also served in the Air Force.
      Since 73 I am receiving the US magazine Aviation Week and Space Technology every week. This magazine is on my table at home and I read it every day a piece, when I have breakfast, lunch or dinner.
      All technical issues of the accident were explained very thoroughly ( the O-ring issue) and since my initial formal educational background is mechanical engineeringand I was designing machines, where O-rings were used, to understand the situation to me is not a problem at all.
      Although a very complex piece of technology fell down, the cause was simple and trivial, as so often is the case.
      ( well, the actual original cause was ignoring the mechanical limitations by the decision makers who went for launch despite too low environment temperatures)
      I will not go into details, because I am sure, you know them too.
      I follow these technologies as closely as possible as much as my time allows.
      Regards,
      Vladimir

      Message 99 of 99 , May 6, 2004
        Hmmm, nostalgia...

        That reminds me of deja vu. Or is it the other way around.
        Colin