Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Electricity & Coal

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 99 , May 1, 2004
      Dear Gil,
      Big, big mistake, what you are thinking.
      Maybe you didn't give it enough thought.
      I said, cheap energy is one of the pillars of US society. Thie is why US is the biggest waster of it and the life style is very much a result of this.
      If the price of oil goes up 15 or 20 %, there is a crisis in the world. And you say, if it would triple, this would make no difference? A big mistake.I just can not believe, you are serious.
      if oil goes up, everything goes up.
      How much can you save now? Probably nothing. How would you live, if everything would be three times more expensive? Unimaginable.
      I already said couple of times, here in Slovakia, for us, compared to you, the gas is now about 15 times!! more expensive.
      In other words, with your weekly wage you can buy 15 times more gas than we can.
      This would be the end of american way of life. Of course, this can hardly happen. The issue is too important for the integrity of US, so no risks in this direction will be taken. Cheap oil must be secured globally at any cost.
      Vladimir

      Message 99 of 99 , May 6, 2004
        Hmmm, nostalgia...

        That reminds me of deja vu. Or is it the other way around.
        Colin