RE: [Slovak-World] Re: Question for Martin V...re what is the Slovak noun with neg. connotations?

  • gergely
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 12:48 PM
      I like lead horse. And remember, if you're not the lead horse, the scenery
      is always the same.

      Jack Gergely

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 1:33 PM
        It is the word "Vodca", which in german means Fuhrer, and this was Hitler. This is why.
        And Slovakia was faschist during WW2. Slovak Vodca was Tiso, a Rc Priest.
        Vladimir
        I like lead horse. And remember, if you're not the lead horse, the scenery
        is always the same.

        Jack Gergely

        I liked one of the definitions given for leader, "predny^ kon^" (lead
        or front horse). Speaking of which, today is Derby Day. Maintaining
        the Slovak connection to this thread, it makes me glad we haven't
        changed to metric. Imagine singing "Camptown racetrack's 8.047
        kilometers long". ;-)

        Janko

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        http://www.eset.sk

      • gergely
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1 3:33 PM
          I definitely like lead horse a lot better.