Re: Question for Martin V...re what is the Slovak noun with neg. connotations?

  • yawho2001
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, durisek@a... wrote:

      > Martin... What is the Slovak noun? -S.

      I liked one of the definitions given for leader, "predny^ kon^" (lead
      or front horse). Speaking of which, today is Derby Day. Maintaining
      the Slovak connection to this thread, it makes me glad we haven't
      changed to metric. Imagine singing "Camptown racetrack's 8.047
      kilometers long". ;-)

      Janko
    • gergely
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        I like lead horse. And remember, if you're not the lead horse, the scenery
        is always the same.

        Jack Gergely

        I liked one of the definitions given for leader, "predny^ kon^" (lead
        or front horse). Speaking of which, today is Derby Day. Maintaining
        the Slovak connection to this thread, it makes me glad we haven't
        changed to metric. Imagine singing "Camptown racetrack's 8.047
        kilometers long". ;-)

        Janko

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2004
          It is the word "Vodca", which in german means Fuhrer, and this was Hitler. This is why.
          And Slovakia was faschist during WW2. Slovak Vodca was Tiso, a Rc Priest.
          Vladimir
          I like lead horse. And remember, if you're not the lead horse, the scenery
          is always the same.

          Jack Gergely

          I liked one of the definitions given for leader, "predny^ kon^" (lead
          or front horse). Speaking of which, today is Derby Day. Maintaining
          the Slovak connection to this thread, it makes me glad we haven't
          changed to metric. Imagine singing "Camptown racetrack's 8.047
          kilometers long". ;-)

          Janko

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          http://www.eset.sk

        • gergely
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2004
            I definitely like lead horse a lot better.