FW: Slovak Embassy Presents Films by Katarina and Peter Kerekes

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      It is our pleasure to invite you to a screening of two captivating films by
      young Slovak filmmakers

      "Origin of the World" by Katarina Kerekesova

      and

      "66 Seasons" by Peter Kerekes

      on Thursday, May 6, 2004 at 8:00 pm

      at the Embassy of Slovakia
      3523 International Court, NW
      Washington, DC 20008

      RSVP: by May 4, 2004 at Tel.: (202) 237 1054, ext. 212, 213.
      DO NOT RSVP TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.

      "66 Seasons" is a documentary film by Peter Kerekes about the Old Swimming
      Pool in Kosice. The 86-minute film encapsulates 66 seasons at the swimming
      pool, where history used to bathe. The film is being shown at many
      international festivals and it has won several prizes: Prize for the best
      film at DocAviv 2004, Tel Aviv, Israel; Prize KRISTIAN for the best
      documentary film FEBIOFEST 2004; Prize for the BEST CENTRAL EUROPEAN
      DOCUMENTARY at the 7th International Documentary Film Festival Jihlava 03.
      You can find out more about the film at its web page: www.66seasons.com

      "Origin of the World" by Katarina Kerekesova is film of combined animation.
      It is a story of world's creation from the motifs of a Brazilian myth.
      To find out more about this film, please, go to www.originoftheworld.com

      Press Office, Embassy of Slovakia