Re: [Slovak-World] Church Pickpocket Lady

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2004
      Noreen, At the CZ-SK picnic I had in March, one of the men on the
      committee brought a barrel of sawdust and lots of coins. He was going
      to have the kids hunt for coins in the sawdust but alas there were only
      two children at the picnic this year so we didn't try it. He would use
      a kiddy pool to contain the sawdust and coins. I had never heard of
      this but it sounded like fun to do at a party. Julia M.

      > Hi Caye,
      > My aunt emailed me that she does not remember the Pickpocket Woman.
      > But I
      > would like to use this idea someday at a gathering where there will be
      > lots of
      > children. In June, my grandson usually has an outdoors birthday party
      > in the
      > yard. I may try to copy your description of the Pickpocket woman and
      > see how
      > the children enjoy it. I am sure that they will love it.
      > Noreen

    • Caye Caswick

        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2004
          In a message dated 4/30/04 11:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          ccaswick@... writes:

          > -- let's compare stories after the events.
          >

          > Caye

          Hi Caye,
          Deal. my grandson's 7th birthday is in the first week of June. I plan to
          buy some kind of apron, or make one, and put about ten pockets on it (sewn on
          patches) with cartoon figures and animal pictures.
          we do have a number of dollar stores in the area. it's never too early to
          start stashing away prizes,
          when will your event be?
          Noreen