Re: [Slovak-World] Theoretical question

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2004
      Dear Tony,
      A very honest question.
      I came to this country with such intentions. The reality taught me better.
      An idealist here is on the loosing end. Slovaks are hard realists. No place for soft feelings or higher ideals.
      You can help this society by working here and paying taxes. You can also donate everything you have.
      Do not expect many thanks.
      If you pick an individual or a smaller group of people, whom you want to help by teaching them what you know, you will be squeezed and abandoned.
      Help means sacrifice for no pay of any sort.
      If you want to make them happy, you must sacrifice yourself.
      If you want to make yourself happy, then you must be hard to them.
      If you are hard, they will respect you.
      If you are soft, they will not respect you.
      The moment you show up on the stage you are being assessed;
      - how much do you have
      - how clever you are
      - how to get hold on what you have
      But, you can come here, start your own business and try to prosper. You will have to hire people. If your concept is good, somebody will steal your ideas and start his own business, beating you with lower prices.
      I guess, this is so everywhere.
      Vladimir