history lesson

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2004
      A little history lesson...

      Democrats claim President Bush shouldn't have started
      this war. They complain about his prosecution of it.
      One liberal Democrat recently claimed Bush was "the
      worst president in US history�. Let's clear up one
      point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to
      remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.
      Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement
      claims.

      Using the slogan "he kept us out of war," Woodrow
      Wilson Democrat narrowly won re-election. But after
      the election Wilson concluded that America could not
      remain neutral in the World War I. On April 2, 1917,
      he asked Congress for a declaration of war on Germany.
      � Germany did not attack us� 116,516 Americans that
      lost their lives during World War I in a little more
      than a year�

      FDR Democrat led us into World War II. From 1941-1945,
      450,000 lives were lost an average of 112,500 per
      year.

      President Truman Democrat finished that war and
      started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us.
      From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost an average of
      18,333 per year.

      John F. Kennedy Democrat started the Vietnam conflict
      in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

      Johnson Democrat turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From
      1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost an average of 5,800
      per year.

      Clinton Democrat went to war in Bosnia without UN or
      French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was
      offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three
      times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us
      on multiple occasions.

      In the two years since terrorists attacked us,
      President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed
      the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors
      in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot,
      and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of
      his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of
      300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not
      allowing another terrorist attack at home. Worst
      president in history? Come on!

      The Democrats are complaining about how long the war
      is taking, but...

      It took less time to take Iraq than it took Democrat
      Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That
      was a 51 day operation.

      We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in
      Iraq for less time than it took Democrat Hillary
      Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

      It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and
      the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard
      than it took Big Time Democrat Teddy Kennedy to call
      the police after his Oldsmobile sank at
      Chappaquiddick.

      It took less time to take Iraq than it took Democrats
      to count the votes in Florida!!!!