Re: [Slovak-World] EU/euros

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
      > will Slovakia be changing their currency

      Bratislava hopes to adopt the euro in 2007. Some Western economists
      consider it unlikely, some consider it unwise.

      Slovenia, Estonia, some other new EU members hope for an equally early
      date. So did Hungary, but it's beginning to put the date off. The Czech
      R. says 2009-2010. Poland after 2010, or later.

      Current Western estimates are that Slovakia may meet the EU euro criteria
      by around 2009.

      I wouldn't toss my crowns, yet, Julie.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu