Does anyone know about the closing of Holy Trinity Slovak Parish in Philly?

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      In my dad's catholic newspaper is a large article about the forced closing of a Slovak parish. Its Holy Trinity of Pottstown built by Slovaks in 1899. Seems the cardinal is closing it for no good reason..???

    • capt jack
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
        Claudia,

        There was also a holy trinity catholic church started by Slovaks in Racine Wisconsin, my grandfather was a charter member. Even the priest was a Slovak! It has since been closed, and merged with another parish, which was mainly Polish. Ironically, my mothers old parish.

        Jim