Re: [Slovak-World] Where do you check obituaries?

  • Martin Votruba
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2004
      > Where in Slovakia would you go to check Obituaries

      Obituaries do not appear in Slovak newspapers to the extent that they do
      in the U.S. -- there are no such obituary sections. Features, not
      standard American obituaries, are printed when a VIP dies, mentions of
      local VIPs in local press. Some people post remembrance reminders in the
      classifieds on the anniversaries of the death of a loved one, and -- even
      less often -- death notices. Like in the US, newspapers are archived in
      libraries and by the publishers.

      Martin

      votruba "at" pitt "dot" edu
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        If you want to find out where somebody in those years has died I can find
        this out for you.
        The procedure is special. You may contact me directly via konekta@....
        Regards,
        Vladimir Bohinc