NY Times Archive 1851-1995

  • J. Michutka
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004
      Hi Gang,

      Thought you might find the following interesting, since so many of our
      families spent their early post-immigration years in NYC. I typed in my
      last name, and actually got a hit. So I'll be off to the library tomorrow,
      looking at the NY Times microfilm!

      The article below is from the e-newsletter put out by Millennia Corp, who
      make Legacy Family Tree (genealogy software):

      The New York Times is now offering a complete article archive from
      September 1851 to December 1995. That's more than fifteen million articles.
      You can start your search
      at http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/nytimes/advancedsearch.html

      Searching is free. You can search the full text, author, or headline. You
      can also specify a date range or include advertisements and other listings
      in your search. A 1991 search for the word Internet found 10 results (John
      Markoff was really ahead of his time!) Search listings include the title,
      date, and author of the article, while icons allow you to see a sample
      portion of the article or purchase the article.

      You can purchase individual articles. Click on the dollar sign icon and
      you'll see that an individual article costs $2.99, or you can buy article
      "packs," and pay considerably less.
    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2004