Re: [Slovak-World] Garlic Soup Recipe

  • 75430.543@escapees.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2004
      I passed on the soup websites to a few friends and got the following response
      from one who is retired from the food industry and still does some consulting
      to earn extra cash to buy ammunition for his pistolas. :-) He said he has a
      data base of two million soup recipes. My wife wants them all!

      "Stone Soup of Italian Lore.

      Seems a penniless Italian soldier is hungry and has only a pot and a few
      sprigs of dry wood passing through an Italian town. He gets some water from the
      communal well, fills his pot, starts a small fire and puts a stone from the
      street in his pot. As passers by ask him what he is making, he explains his
      problem and soon ladies give him pieces of carrot, celery, cabbage, tomato, a
      chicken leg, some oregano, salt, a hand full of pasta. Thus was born Minestrone."

      Florian