Buy Slovak

  • raybravo2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
    • Tom Flynn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, raybravo2000 wrote:

        > Touareq made in Slovakia
        >
        > http://www.cg-car-reviews.com/index.cfm/act/pdf/newused/new/id
        > /37549

        Yes, it is on same chassis as Porsche Cayenne (different engine choices,
        etc)...I think it is made outside Bratislava (not sure which town).

        I've owned nothing but VWs for 23 years, but am not into SUVs...I know
        VW owns Skoda, amoung other European brands...any Skodas made in Slovakia?
        (it would be great if they would offer some for sale in North America...
        even greater deal if VW would restart its European Delivery program, which
        they stopped in the late 80s...now that would be great, if they would let
        you fly to Slovakia, pick it up at the factory, and take it on vacation.)
        ---------
        Tom Flynn
        I speak only for myself
      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          It's Tuareg. This is a name of one of the Sahara tribes.
          Vladimir

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
            VW has a huge plant just outside of Bratislava.

            Vilo

            Tom Flynn wrote:

            >On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, raybravo2000 wrote:
            >

            >>Touareq made in Slovakia
            >>
            >>http://www.cg-car-reviews.com/index.cfm/act/pdf/newused/new/id
            >>/37549
            >>

            >Yes, it is on same chassis as Porsche Cayenne (different engine choices,
            >etc)...I think it is made outside Bratislava (not sure which town).
            >
            >I've owned nothing but VWs for 23 years, but am not into SUVs...I know
            >VW owns Skoda, amoung other European brands...any Skodas made in Slovakia?
            >(it would be great if they would offer some for sale in North America...
            >even greater deal if VW would restart its European Delivery program, which
            >they stopped in the late 80s...now that would be great, if they would let
            >you fly to Slovakia, pick it up at the factory, and take it on vacation.)
            >---------
            >Tom Flynn
            >I speak only for myself
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >To visit your group on the web, go to:

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • capt jack
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
              There is also a new plant being built just outside of TRanva. But it isnt open yet, they were just getting started on preparing the ground when I was there in August.

              Jim