OT - Worthwhile Read

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
      Ahoj Slovaci,

      This was sent to me by my sister. She's "A Keeper."

      I think it's a worthwhile read.

      theoldpro

      It was a way of life, and sometimes it made me crazy. All that
      re-fixing, reheating, renewing, I wanted just once to be wasteful. Waste
      meant
      affluence. Throwing things away meant you knew there'd always be more.

      But then my Mother died, and on that clear winter's night, in a cold
      hospital room, I was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes
      there isn't any 'more.' Sometimes, what we care about most gets all
      used up and goes away...never to return.

      So...while we have it....it's best we love it..... and care for
      it.....and fix it when it's broken.....and heal it when it's sick. This is
      true.....for marriage.....and old cars..... and children with bad
      report cards.....and dogs with bad hips..... and aging parents
      .....and grandparents.

      We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

      Some things we keep. Like a best friend that moved away, a work
      buddy--or -- a classmate we grew up with. There are just some things that
      make life important, like people we know who are special..... and so, we
      keep them close!

      I received this from someone who thought I was a 'Keeper'! then I sent
      it to the people I think of in the same way. Now it's your turn to send
      this to all those people that are "Keepers" in your life...like you !!

      You're a Keeper!
    • Evonri@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
        Thanks for sharing that -- it is a great sentiment and worth passing along.

        Rita

      • theoldpro
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2004
          Your welcome Rita,

          I thought it was well written and expressed a fine sentiment.

          theoldpro