Re: [Slovak-World] Rehab for desktop

  • Gil K.
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 7, 2004
      My last two Gateway computers came with the Go Back program installed. I found it a very useful utility and was very grateful it was there when I developed problems with some software and hardware.
      Since Go Back can be initiated at startup there is no need for a rescue disk and any problems with Windows or other programs at startup can be addressed by Go Back.
      In addition to reverting the hard drive back to an earlier time, I found the Go Back program capability to recover a deleted file or get back to an earlier version of a changed file very beneficial.
      Its a good program and I highly recommend it.

      Gil K.

      David <humblebe@...> wrote:
      that program. Trust me, I've used it several times. Also if you picked up a
      virus, you can go back to when your computer was virus free.
      Dave Kuchta

      At 09:54 AM 1/7/2004 -0800, you wrote:
      >If you cant even open windows, then you will need a boot disc.
      >
      >Jim

    • Helen France
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 7, 2004
        Is the "Go Back" program on your Gateway similar to the "System Restore" on
        my Dell?

        Helen France

        David <humblebe@...> wrote:
        that program. Trust me, I've used it several times. Also if you picked up a
        virus, you can go back to when your computer was virus free.
        Dave Kuchta

        At 09:54 AM 1/7/2004 -0800, you wrote:
        >If you cant even open windows, then you will need a boot disc.
        >
        >Jim

      • David
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 8, 2004
          Restore is in the menu. So, if you can't open windows, you can't get to it.
          So at that point is of no help. I have restore and I also have "go back."
          If you want to read about the program, just go to your search engine and
          write go back.
          Dave

          At 08:43 AM 1/8/2004 -0800, you wrote:
          >Helen,
          >
          >I don't think they are the same; Go Back can be initiated from cold start
          >while System Restore operates within the Windows format. I've never used
          >Restore!
          >
          >Gil K.
          >
          >Helen France <hwfr@...> wrote:
          >Is the "Go Back" program on your Gateway similar to the "System Restore" on
          >my Dell?
          >
          >Helen France

        • Gil K.