Re: [Slovak-World] OT - SW Posts, where are they?

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hello Greg,

      I also got your post --- that makes four posts that I've received.

      What I have experienced is a notable decrease in Spam mailings.
      I wonder why that is?

      theoldpro

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
        Thanks for the dierection - I may get the chance to check out the
        Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak someday. In hte meantime
        the Rusyn list steered me into "Straddling Borders" by Elaine
        Rusinko, which I fortunately have, and the 'The New Rusyn Times',
        which I have a few issues of, so must check that as well. I
        checked 'Slovakia and the Slovaks' concise encyclopedia, but they
        skipped him, a major dissapointment, but you cannot be concise and
        include everyone!

        Now to do some reading...

        Oh, on Slovak composers some may include Bartok, who (speaking as an
        American) is regarded as Hungarian, but who is famous for using much
        of the folk music of all Hungarian peoples to inspire his
        compositions. So he seems highly regarded by Slovaks as well. Any
        additional opinions?

        Ron

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
        wrote:
        > Thank you Vladimir,
        >
        > I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage
        Live.

        > theoldpro
        >
        > P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
        > he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
        >
        > Does anyone know their names?
        >
        > theoldpro

        Certizne)
        > > >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder
        of
        > > >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
        > > >references telling me much more than that...
        > > >
        > > >Ron
        > > >
        > > >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
          At 06:19 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
          >Thank you Vladimir,
          >
          >I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

          Wow that was fast.

          >theoldpro
          >
          >P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
          >he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
          >
          >Does anyone know their names?

          EUGEN SUCHON, BELA BARTOK, TIBOR ANDRASOVAN
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Artists/andrasovan.htm,
          Svetozar STRACINA, JAN HUMMEL

          Dvorak was of Czech descent.

          Vladi