Re: [Slovak-World] Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
      Thank you Vladimir,

      I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

      theoldpro

      P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
      he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?

      Does anyone know their names?

      theoldpro

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
        Hello Greg,

        I also got your post --- that makes four posts that I've received.

        What I have experienced is a notable decrease in Spam mailings.
        I wonder why that is?

        theoldpro

        > Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..
        >
        > Greg Kopchak
        > www.iarelative.com

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
          Thanks for the dierection - I may get the chance to check out the
          Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak someday. In hte meantime
          the Rusyn list steered me into "Straddling Borders" by Elaine
          Rusinko, which I fortunately have, and the 'The New Rusyn Times',
          which I have a few issues of, so must check that as well. I
          checked 'Slovakia and the Slovaks' concise encyclopedia, but they
          skipped him, a major dissapointment, but you cannot be concise and
          include everyone!

          Now to do some reading...

          Oh, on Slovak composers some may include Bartok, who (speaking as an
          American) is regarded as Hungarian, but who is famous for using much
          of the folk music of all Hungarian peoples to inspire his
          compositions. So he seems highly regarded by Slovaks as well. Any
          additional opinions?

          wrote:
          > Thank you Vladimir,
          >
          > I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage
          Live.

          > theoldpro
          >
          > P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
          > he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
          >
          > Does anyone know their names?
          >
          > theoldpro

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
            At 06:19 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
            >Thank you Vladimir,
            >
            >I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

            Wow that was fast.

            >theoldpro
            >
            >P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
            >he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
            >
            >Does anyone know their names?

            EUGEN SUCHON, BELA BARTOK, TIBOR ANDRASOVAN
            http://www.slovakheritage.org/Artists/andrasovan.htm,
            Svetozar STRACINA, JAN HUMMEL

            Dvorak was of Czech descent.

            Vladi