RE: [Slovak-World] OT - SW Posts, where are they?

  • Gregory J Kopchak
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
      Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..

      Greg Kopchak
      www.iarelative.com

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
        Thanks Ron,

        I got this post, but I have no knowledge of Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov.

        theoldpro

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
          Thanks Capt. Jack,

          I received this post also.
          We've been on the run also -- visited some friends in San Clemente, CA.
          about 108 miles due South - Southeast of Valencia, CA

          What a beautiful place. In a few days, I'll post some photos of our
          activities in San Clemente -- watch for the photos.

          theoldpro
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
            Thank you Vladimir,

            I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

            theoldpro

            P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
            he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?

            Does anyone know their names?

            theoldpro

            > NO problem detailed info is in Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak
            >

            > At 04:39 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
            > >OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
            > >Slovak topic:
            > >
            > >Has anyone heard of
            > >Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
            > >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
            > >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
            > >references telling me much more than that...
            > >
            > >Ron
            > >
            > >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
            > >wrote:
            > > > Ahoj Slovaci,
            > > >
            > > > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
            > > >
            > > > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
            > > >
            > > > What gives?
            > > >
            > > > theoldpro

            lovak-World/

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
              Hello Greg,

              I also got your post --- that makes four posts that I've received.

              What I have experienced is a notable decrease in Spam mailings.
              I wonder why that is?

              theoldpro

              > Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..
              >
              > Greg Kopchak
              > www.iarelative.com

            • amiak27
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                Thanks for the dierection - I may get the chance to check out the
                Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak someday. In hte meantime
                the Rusyn list steered me into "Straddling Borders" by Elaine
                Rusinko, which I fortunately have, and the 'The New Rusyn Times',
                which I have a few issues of, so must check that as well. I
                checked 'Slovakia and the Slovaks' concise encyclopedia, but they
                skipped him, a major dissapointment, but you cannot be concise and
                include everyone!

                Now to do some reading...

                Oh, on Slovak composers some may include Bartok, who (speaking as an
                American) is regarded as Hungarian, but who is famous for using much
                of the folk music of all Hungarian peoples to inspire his
                compositions. So he seems highly regarded by Slovaks as well. Any
                additional opinions?

                wrote:
                > Thank you Vladimir,
                >
                > I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage
                Live.

                > theoldpro
                >
                > P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                > he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                >
                > Does anyone know their names?
                >
                > theoldpro

              • Vladimir Linder
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                  At 06:19 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
                  >Thank you Vladimir,
                  >
                  >I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                  Wow that was fast.

                  >theoldpro
                  >
                  >P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                  >he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                  >
                  >Does anyone know their names?

                  EUGEN SUCHON, BELA BARTOK, TIBOR ANDRASOVAN
                  http://www.slovakheritage.org/Artists/andrasovan.htm,
                  Svetozar STRACINA, JAN HUMMEL

                  Dvorak was of Czech descent.

                  Vladi