Re: [Slovak-World] OT - SW Posts, where are they?

  • capt jack
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
      must be on your end Jim, I have recieved more than that in the past days

      Jim

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
        NO problem detailed info is in Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak

        At 04:39 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
        >OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
        >Slovak topic:
        >
        >Has anyone heard of
        >Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
        >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
        >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
        >references telling me much more than that...
        >
        >Ron
        >
        >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
        >wrote:
        > > Ahoj Slovaci,
        > >
        > > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
        > >
        > > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
        > >
        > > What gives?
        > >
        > > theoldpro

        > *
        >
        > *

        Vladimir Linder

        Realtor, video maker, photographer, journalist and genealogical researcher
        3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC., V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616

        Additional Emails: vlinder49@..., vlinder49@...
        www.slovakheritage.org
        www.lindervideo.com
        www.slovakheritagelive.com
        Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$30.00 per page

        Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
        MARCH 2004

        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508
      • Gregory J Kopchak
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
          Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..

          Greg Kopchak
          www.iarelative.com

          Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?

          In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?

          What gives?

          theoldpro

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • theoldpro
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
            Thanks Ron,

            I got this post, but I have no knowledge of Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov.

            theoldpro

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
              Thanks Capt. Jack,

              I received this post also.
              We've been on the run also -- visited some friends in San Clemente, CA.
              about 108 miles due South - Southeast of Valencia, CA

              What a beautiful place. In a few days, I'll post some photos of our
              activities in San Clemente -- watch for the photos.

              theoldpro

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                Thank you Vladimir,

                I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                theoldpro

                P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?

                Does anyone know their names?

                theoldpro

                > NO problem detailed info is in Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak
                >

                > At 04:39 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
                > >OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
                > >Slovak topic:
                > >
                > >Has anyone heard of
                > >Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
                > >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
                > >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
                > >references telling me much more than that...
                > >
                > >Ron
                > >
                > >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
                > >wrote:
                > > > Ahoj Slovaci,
                > > >
                > > > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
                > > >
                > > > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
                > > >
                > > > What gives?
                > > >
                > > > theoldpro

                lovak-World/

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                  Hello Greg,

                  I also got your post --- that makes four posts that I've received.

                  What I have experienced is a notable decrease in Spam mailings.
                  I wonder why that is?

                  theoldpro

                  > Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..
                  >
                  > Greg Kopchak
                  > www.iarelative.com

                • amiak27
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                    Thanks for the dierection - I may get the chance to check out the
                    Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak someday. In hte meantime
                    the Rusyn list steered me into "Straddling Borders" by Elaine
                    Rusinko, which I fortunately have, and the 'The New Rusyn Times',
                    which I have a few issues of, so must check that as well. I
                    checked 'Slovakia and the Slovaks' concise encyclopedia, but they
                    skipped him, a major dissapointment, but you cannot be concise and
                    include everyone!

                    Now to do some reading...

                    Oh, on Slovak composers some may include Bartok, who (speaking as an
                    American) is regarded as Hungarian, but who is famous for using much
                    of the folk music of all Hungarian peoples to inspire his
                    compositions. So he seems highly regarded by Slovaks as well. Any
                    additional opinions?

                    wrote:
                    > Thank you Vladimir,
                    >
                    > I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage
                    Live.

                    > theoldpro
                    >
                    > P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                    > he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                    >
                    > Does anyone know their names?
                    >
                    > theoldpro

                  • Vladimir Linder
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                      At 06:19 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
                      >Thank you Vladimir,
                      >
                      >I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                      Wow that was fast.

                      >theoldpro
                      >
                      >P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                      >he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                      >
                      >Does anyone know their names?

                      EUGEN SUCHON, BELA BARTOK, TIBOR ANDRASOVAN
                      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Artists/andrasovan.htm,
                      Svetozar STRACINA, JAN HUMMEL

                      Dvorak was of Czech descent.

                      Vladi