OT - SW Posts, where are they?

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
      Ahoj Slovaci,

      Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?

      In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?

      What gives?

      theoldpro
    • amiak27
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
        OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
        Slovak topic:

        Has anyone heard of
        Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
        I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
        local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
        references telling me much more than that...

        Ron

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
        wrote:
        > Ahoj Slovaci,
        >
        > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
        >
        > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
        >
        > What gives?
        >
        > theoldpro
      • capt jack
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
          must be on your end Jim, I have recieved more than that in the past days

          Jim

        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
            NO problem detailed info is in Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak

            At 04:39 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
            >OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
            >Slovak topic:
            >
            >Has anyone heard of
            >Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
            >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
            >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
            >references telling me much more than that...
            >
            >Ron
            >
            >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
            >wrote:
            > > Ahoj Slovaci,
            > >
            > > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
            > >
            > > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
            > >
            > > What gives?
            > >
            > > theoldpro

            > *
            >
            > *

            Vladimir Linder

            Realtor, video maker, photographer, journalist and genealogical researcher
            3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC., V5C 1P6, CANADA
            Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616

            Additional Emails: vlinder49@..., vlinder49@...
            www.slovakheritage.org
            www.lindervideo.com
            www.slovakheritagelive.com
            Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$30.00 per page

            Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
            MARCH 2004

            To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
            My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508
          • Gregory J Kopchak
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
              Holiday time. Places to go - people to see..

              Greg Kopchak
              www.iarelative.com

              Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?

              In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?

              What gives?

              theoldpro

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • theoldpro
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                Thanks Ron,

                I got this post, but I have no knowledge of Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov.

                theoldpro

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                  Thanks Capt. Jack,

                  I received this post also.
                  We've been on the run also -- visited some friends in San Clemente, CA.
                  about 108 miles due South - Southeast of Valencia, CA

                  What a beautiful place. In a few days, I'll post some photos of our
                  activities in San Clemente -- watch for the photos.

                  theoldpro

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                    Thank you Vladimir,

                    I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                    theoldpro

                    P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                    he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?

                    Does anyone know their names?

                    theoldpro

                    > NO problem detailed info is in Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak
                    >

                    > At 04:39 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
                    > >OK, let us see if it is Wise Guy or knowlegeable Guy... here is a
                    > >Slovak topic:
                    > >
                    > >Has anyone heard of
                    > >Julius Stavrovsky - Popradov ? 18.1.1850 Sulin - 17.3.1899 Certizne)
                    > >I have seen references to him as a poet, a writer, and recorder of
                    > >local dialect in the Rusyn village of Sulin. Yet I find no
                    > >references telling me much more than that...
                    > >
                    > >Ron
                    > >
                    > >--- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "theoldpro" <theoldpro@n...>
                    > >wrote:
                    > > > Ahoj Slovaci,
                    > > >
                    > > > Is my computer broke or is Yahoo acting up?
                    > > >
                    > > > In the past five days, I've received about 5 posts from SW?
                    > > >
                    > > > What gives?
                    > > >
                    > > > theoldpro

                    lovak-World/

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                      Hello Greg,

                      I also got your post --- that makes four posts that I've received.

                      What I have experienced is a notable decrease in Spam mailings.
                      I wonder why that is?

                      theoldpro

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                        Thanks for the dierection - I may get the chance to check out the
                        Slovensky Bibliograficky Slovnik in Slovak someday. In hte meantime
                        the Rusyn list steered me into "Straddling Borders" by Elaine
                        Rusinko, which I fortunately have, and the 'The New Rusyn Times',
                        which I have a few issues of, so must check that as well. I
                        checked 'Slovakia and the Slovaks' concise encyclopedia, but they
                        skipped him, a major dissapointment, but you cannot be concise and
                        include everyone!

                        Now to do some reading...

                        Oh, on Slovak composers some may include Bartok, who (speaking as an
                        American) is regarded as Hungarian, but who is famous for using much
                        of the folk music of all Hungarian peoples to inspire his
                        compositions. So he seems highly regarded by Slovaks as well. Any
                        additional opinions?

                        wrote:
                        > Thank you Vladimir,
                        >
                        > I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage
                        Live.

                        > theoldpro
                        >
                        > P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                        > he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                        >
                        > Does anyone know their names?
                        >
                        > theoldpro

                      • Vladimir Linder
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                          At 06:19 PM 1/3/2004, you wrote:
                          >Thank you Vladimir,
                          >
                          >I also got your post and also the Winter issue of Slovak Heritage Live.

                          Wow that was fast.

                          >theoldpro
                          >
                          >P.S. A friend told me that Anton Dvorak was a Slovak composer, and
                          >he also told me that there are 3 very important Slovak composers?
                          >
                          >Does anyone know their names?

                          EUGEN SUCHON, BELA BARTOK, TIBOR ANDRASOVAN
                          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Artists/andrasovan.htm,
                          Svetozar STRACINA, JAN HUMMEL

                          Dvorak was of Czech descent.

                          Vladi