Re: [Slovak-World] Slow times OT

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
      There is an old story about an Amish couple who were going home from the
      wedding ceremony in a buggy drawn by a mule. After proceeding a short
      distance, the mule balked and wouldn't go any farther. The groom took a
      2 by 4 and hit the mule over the head to start it. As he climbed back
      into the buggy, he said to his bride, "That's once." After they had gone
      another mile, the mule balked again. Out came the groom with his 2 by 4
      and hit the mule over the head again. As he climbed back into the buggy,
      he said, "That's twice." After another short trip, the mule balked
      again. This time, the groom got out of the buggy, pulled out a pistol
      and shot the mule. As he climbed back into the buggy, his bride, who
      managed to keep silent so far, said, "Now, why did you shoot a perfectly
      good mule?" The groom said only, "That's once." They enjoyed a long an
      happy marriage.

      Bill Brna (who recently celebrated his 44th anniversary. I, too, hope it
      works.)

      On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:51:46 -0500 "Paul J. Wolsko"
      <pwolsko@...> writes:
      > I was wondering the same thing about my marriage, which is going on
      > 33
      > years. I hope it works. <g>
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > > Interesting note: One of my friends son, met a Russian Girl a year
      > or so
      > > ago, got her over here and married her this week end. I wonder how
      > long
      > > that will last? There was some stories, I think on 60 minutes or
      > date line
      > > about the Russian women marrying Americans, just to get over here,
      > and
      > then
      > > divorcing about six months down the line. I do hope it works!
      > > Happy trails,
      > > Dave K.

    • Paul J. Wolsko
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
        Congrats! Stick around for another twenty or thirty.

        Paul

      • krejc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
          Okay, but if he shot the mule what was the point of getting back into the
          buggy???
          Noreen

        • William F Brna
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
            I guess he was waiting for some of the guests at the wedding to come
            along. Maybe they would have a spare mule.

            Bill Brna

            On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:11:22 EST krejc@... writes:
            > Okay, but if he shot the mule what was the point of getting back into
            > the
            > buggy???
            > Noreen

          • Gregory J Kopchak
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
              I'm putting a T Shirt order in on Tuesday.

              If anyone wants one of these email me by Tuesday afternoon.

              Great gift idea.

              Slovak-World Special of $12.99 each plus $3.85 shipping per order

              Available on White or Grey

              Sizes S M L and XL

              You can read about it at

              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2873948078

              Be sure to specify size and color.

              Thanks

              Greg Kopchak
              www.iarelative.com
            • Gregory J Kopchak
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2003
                If you want to make REAL gingerbread cookies this year,
                check this out.....

                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2363663781

                My wife just created a great serving idea for Thursday's
                turkey.

                She made some Sour Soup which is a thick, heavy, and rich soup
                and used it as a topping for open face turkey sandwiches. It
                turned out great.

                Thanks

                Greg Kopchak
                www.iarelative.com
              • Barb
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
                  Any chance you have access to corn husk ornaments? I am looking for about a
                  dozen?
                  Thanks,
                  Barb
                  > I'm putting a T Shirt order in on Tuesday.
                  >
                  > If anyone wants one of these email me by Tuesday afternoon.
                  >
                  > Great gift idea.
                  >
                  > Slovak-World Special of $12.99 each plus $3.85 shipping per order
                  >
                  > Available on White or Grey
                  >
                  > Sizes S M L and XL
                  >
                  > You can read about it at
                  >
                  > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2873948078
                  >
                  > Be sure to specify size and color.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > Greg Kopchak
                  > www.iarelative.com

                • Gregory J Kopchak
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
                    Barb

                    Try calling Leemar 1 973-256-5474

                    They had Cornhusk dolls. I'm not sure if they have
                    ornaments too.

                    I do have instruction books on how to make cornhusk Dolls for
                    $6.99 plus $2.00 shipping. It's all in Slovak but well
                    illlustrated.

                    All we have from Slovakia this year in ornaments are
                    the Embossed Wax Egg Ornaments

                    http://www.iarelative.com/xmas/embossed_eggs.htm

                    Greg Kopchak
                    www.iarelative.com
                    greg@...

                    > I'm putting a T Shirt order in on Tuesday.
                    >
                    > If anyone wants one of these email me by Tuesday afternoon.
                    >
                    > Great gift idea.
                    >
                    > Slovak-World Special of $12.99 each plus $3.85 shipping per order
                    >
                    > Available on White or Grey
                    >
                    > Sizes S M L and XL
                    >
                    > You can read about it at
                    >
                    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2873948078