OT - Poem for "Older" Computer users

  • theoldpro
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2003
      A POEM FOR "OLDER" COMPUTER USERS

      A Computer was something on TV

      From a Science Fiction show of note

      A Window was something you hated to clean

      And Ram was the father of a goat.

      Meg was the name of a girlfriend

      And Gig was a job for the nights

      Now they all mean different things

      And that really Mega Bytes.

      An Application was for employment

      A Program was a TV show

      A Cursor used profanity

      A Keyboard was a piano.

      A Memory was something that you lost with age

      A CD was a bank account

      And if you had a 3-inch floppy

      You hoped nobody found out.

      Compress was something you did to the garbage

      Not something you did to a file

      And if you Unzipped anything in public

      You'd be in jail for a while.

      Log on was adding wood to the fire

      Hard drive was a long trip on the road

      A Mouse pad was where a mouse lived

      And a Backup happened to your commode.

      Cut you did with a pocket knife

      Paste you did with glue

      A Web was a spider's home

      And a Virus was the flu.

      I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper

      And the Memory in my head.

      I hear nobody's been killed in a Computer crash

      But when it happens they wish they were dead